1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

The Hell mission

Discussion in 'Unreal 2' started by Leo(T.C.K.), Feb 15, 2015.

1. Leo(T.C.K.)

Leo(T.C.K.) Well-Known Member

I've had lately a dream of playing a pre release version of Unreal 2 which had the Hell mission continue after you get the artifact(presumably). However there were now Skaarj entering the base and Mercenaries(the U2 human ones, not the mercs from Unreal).
    There was a collapsed bridge/part like in other parts of the complex, but this time this area that got revealed had water pumps/plain water instead of the toxins. You had to drop down there if you wanted to get to the other side, but there was a different path around too it seemed. What I've seen must have been based on pre release screenshots/materials I saw though.
    There were at least a couple of screenshots with "Hell" textures which had mercs in it and even the skaarj in that pre-render or partial pre-render one which had the grass field etc outside but alpha skaarj was just entering the building. So I don't think my vision was really that fictional and perhaps someone out there indeed tried playing this.
    It was always disappointing that in the release version it just ended once you get the artifact and you don't get to escape the complex at all or see the other parts as were even briefly seen from the outside(those other bridges to the outside in the terrain etc).