1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

The Grand Tour

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Jackal, Nov 18, 2016.

1. Jackal

Jackal Crapass

2. Balton

Balton The Beast of Worship

3. Manticore

Manticore Official BUF Birthday Spammer

Thanks for the heads-up on this. I used to be a Top Gear fan.... despite Clarkson being a total knob.

4. Hunter

Hunter BeyondUnreal Newsie

The new Top Gear was awful, everyone except Evans and Jordan were great, but they ruined it which was a shame.

Loved the first episode of TGT as it's just improved was already worked really, really well.

5. Jacks:Revenge

Jacks:Revenge ╠╣E╚╚O

yeah the "new" Top Gear is shit.
    everything about it sucks except for (surprisingly enough) that guy from Friends. they should actually take the hosts from Extra Gear and add them to Top Gear with LeBlanc. get rid of Evans who is absolutely insufferable. Sabine and Harris are so much better in front of the camera.

but Grand Tour is awesome. you didn't have to tell me twice where to find it.
    I've been waiting for this since the day the original trio went off the air. Clarkson May and Hammond are TV gold and they've still got the best vehicle-based programming in existence. I hope being on Amazon allows them to pull off some slightly more uncensored material.

6. Hunter

Hopefully! Some of the radio ads I've been hearing for it hint to a more uncensored direction

7. Hunter

Think the special forces bit in the second episode was a bit pants and its somewhat clear the plan is to turn the new track in to the studio in the future.

8. Lizard Of Oz

Lizard Of Oz Demented Avenger

I miss the Stig. I miss Celebs in Reasonably Priced Car. I guess the BBC won those in the divorce.

The chemistry between the guys is still there, even though everything seems a bit more scripted now.

I'll keep watching, and I'll hope it gets better.

9. Jacks:Revenge

Jacks:Revenge ╠╣E╚╚O

I miss the Stig for sure but I definitely do NOT miss Stars in Cheap Ass Cars... I always left the room or skipped through those segments.
    like I don't give a fuck what Tom Cruise thinks about anything and I really don't care how fast he can drive a Honda.

that being said I have really enjoyed the first 2 episodes. the basic formula is intact and the boys chemistry with each other is as fun as ever.
    I'd rather they keep traveling with the tent instead of (as speculated) moving into the new track as a permanent studio. it's a cool idea having different types of audiences against different backdrops. they looked like they were having a great time, the cinematography and editing is still brilliant, and the cars were great. props on Amazon for letting them make off-color jokes and getting away with saying "shit."

gotta' admit it was just good fun having the American crowd make fun of the RAF. and the little jabs they took at Audi and Volkswagen. also had a good laugh at the celebrities who kept "dying" before their appearance. so silly. so British. the boys are back!

10. Sir_Brizz

Sir_Brizz Administrator Staff Member

Interesting. I'll have to give it a watch and see what I think. Netflix also has the new Mythbusters coming up soon called The White Rabbit Project.

11. Hunter

The stig will be missed. I get the feeling the American might be there to keep someone at Amazon happy, his own commentary is crap.

12. Manticore

Manticore Official BUF Birthday Spammer

That sounds interesting. I was a big fan of Mythbusters.

13. Big-Al

Big-Al amateur de bière

I've been watching the grand tour & enjoying it too.
    While, I do not like Chris Evans either, he is just as annoying now as he was back in the 90s.