The GODLIKE Project!

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Lily

Biatch
Heh, congrats on beating the bastards on Koos. Hope they felt pain.

Liandri is the second most difficult map, but well, the worst is behind now :) Try to time the shield belt, it might help. I would stay away of the armor if I were you, flak = no good. In theory, the damage amplifier would be a worthy addition to the shield belt, but the bots can kill you so fast even with the shield that I gave up trying to use it. Other than that, go for the cheap kills, like the respawn kills by the minigun. In the central area, stay under cover (like, below the goo gun, near the health) with a minigun or shock rifle, or you're dead meat.

Btw, I finally got an account and some web space a few days ago, I have to zip all the demos and upload them, but they should be available soon. I'll post an e-mail where you can send me yours (and PCB, or anyone else), once I'm done.

Lily

I AM{skullface}

metrosexual
Oct 24, 2000
Boston, Mass
www.skullface.com
I was so confident I'd play the bots on godlike and cut through them like a hot knife through old jello...but I didn't.

Do you peeps feel that your skills have improved since you've been pounding away at those cursed bots?

NSFY, when are ya gonna get you skinny ass in our channel for a game or two? ;)

-I_AM{skullface}

No Soup For You

I got your PM right HERE!
Originally posted by I AM{skullface}
I was so confident I'd play the bots on godlike and cut through them like a hot knife through old jello...but I didn't.

Do you peeps feel that your skills have improved since you've been pounding away at those cursed bots?

NSFY, when are ya gonna get you skinny ass in our channel for a game or two? ;)

-I_AM{skullface}
Unfortunately I've been forced to play offline since Dec. 1st so I don't have anything better to do :(. I think this Godlike quest is improving my map awareness and my skills with some weapons like combo and rockets and also helps me learn how best to use them on certain maps. But I don't think there is much beyond that which will translate to improved online skill. I don't even bother practicing sniping offline because I can never do it online - ping is too variable most of the time.

I can't visit your channel I_AM. I'm on dialup. I refuse to show my face online as an hpb :eek: - and my a$$ is fat not skinny :D. I'll be back some day D00t!

Lily

Biatch
Originally posted by I AM{skullface}

-I_AM{skullface}

Well, 1v1 against the bots is mostly useless, they are too easy and predictable, they move like ****, they don't whore the power ups, and they *never* see that combo come :)

Otherwise, basically, the bots are like your average newb, only that they aim way better. I have played the bots for a few weeks, and I can't say it has improved my play too much. Actually, they are bad practice in many ways. For instance, dodging against the bots is useless most of the time, so I gradually stopped dodging because it would screw my aim more than their. Map/powerup control was next, it would do no good on many maps, because any close encounter with a bot would waste all my efforts where just camping one spot would have done better.

What *did* improve though, was my evading skills. Using the pillars, doors, lifts, whatever, to escape the bots' fire, while firing rockets or flak balls accurately, or making that combo ready. I can pull out moving combos more often too. You can't stand still for a second with the damn bots firing rockets straight at your head. My awareness must have improved a little bit too, as well as my average reaction time, and instant aim precision.

Overall it was a positive experience. Still, spending the same amount of time practicing with good players would probably have improved my skills more. But I'm not in a clan, and the average pub is full of spammy newbs, so ...

Lily

[T2K]dARK_g

Dec 29, 2000
Visit site
I just lost my connection too :( So I had another go with the bots but it's so depressing, it just makes me miss playing online even more. I can't find an Epic map that they can beat me on. I've tried adding 25 bots to Deck 16 but its still just crap, once you get past Koos and Liandri in the tournament its plain sailing. I didn't have to retry a map once all thrugh the CTF DOM and Assault levels. Although Phobos gave me a bit of trouble because I forgot to turn on my speakers!

Is there anyway to hotwire your own ADSL :D ?

I am dying here!

Night|Ryda

Local Dysfunctional
Dec 24, 2001
Visit site
Originally posted by lunchblaze
Dude, i tried that link like TEN times and it never would work.

you should learn how to use the internet Dude!

pfft!!!!11!!!!!!!

You mean www.iamad0rk.com?
Yeah that link aint workin,so whats that link
that hosted demos from the WCG league?
I forgot that good site.

Grave

Carcass Devourment
May 3, 2000
Graveyard
www.progamers.cz
heh yeah, as i remember Koos Galleon was the toughest map to beat on godlike (with 25:27 score :D)), took me like 100+ tries, while i did most of maps in 1 to 3 tries (except Morpheus cuz i dislike that lame map)
heh and poor Xan was a real disappointment (15:-2) :D

pine

Official Photography Thread Appreciator
Apr 29, 2001
IRL
Visit site
*bump*

Still on vacation, posting from my dad's Cyrix 233 over his 24k internet connection. Suffice to say I haven't been able to work on the Godlike ladder recently :D.

pine

Official Photography Thread Appreciator
Apr 29, 2001
IRL
Visit site
Attaboy :D

Before this school year concludes, I will follow in your footsteps, as another hopeful player may one day follow me.....the Godlike project lives on. ;)