1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

The GODLIKE Project, the demos

Discussion in 'Original Unreal Tournament' started by Lily, Jan 7, 2002.

1. LordKhaine

LordKhaine I sing the body electric...

I suppose I should try and play some maps on godlike, tho im sure I would give up screaming "WTF!?!?! no human could do that!" on the first map.

2. pine

pine Official Photography Thread Appreciator

With that attitude, you most certainly will be :D.

hehe....yeah, the ironic thing is that's EXACTLY what I do....just ask my roommate.

"These fvcking bastards fvcking cheat, is the problem! Their aim is impossibly good! Their all a bunch of freakin aimbots! How am I supposed to deal with that?"

3. NeoNite

NeoNite Worst hack fraud ever

I love doing the following thing:
    (note: it's not something I would call a succes, as I rarely succeed in doing this :D...)

Circle strafing around the bot (confusing it) hiding behind a corner, waiting for it to show it, still a *bit* confuzzled, take out translocator and WHUPA :D

Most of the times they do kill me first ;)

4. No Soup For You

No Soup For You I got your PM right HERE!

Conveyor

Barktooth and Toe Biter ==> major monkey turds! :mad:

I'm closing in on them though - stupid amp campin' belt hoggin' power up timin' douche bags!

This level bogs down my machine - I don't understand it - I get like lag :confused: and my machine is not that bad, i.e., 800 MHz PIII 256Mb ram, Prophet 64

It was very noticeable compared to Liandri when I first started Conveyor - sometimes I can't even dodge because of what feels like lag ?

Anyway, Barktooth and Toe Biter will be meeting their maker shortly. YOU KNOW THAT'S RIGHT!

5. Pat

Pat BANNED

lily, what program do i nned to run your .dem files?

6. pine

pine Official Photography Thread Appreciator

Errr.....UT... ;)

Unzip the .DEM files into the System folder in your UT directory, then start up Unreal Tournament and do the follwing:

Hit the tilde (~) key to bring up your console, and type "demoplay (name of demo you want to play here)". That should do 'er. I recommend getting usaar33's demo managing program also, which makes finding and playing demos a lot easier. I'll upload it to this post so you can just get it right now. After instaling it, you use Demo Manager by clicking on the Mod tab in the main UT window and "UT Demo Manager" should be listed.

7. No Soup For You

Koos Galleon

OK here's my first posted demo - it is Koos and mostly I just spammed rockets and shock and stuff :D I had the best luck trying to work my way to the healthpac room with rockets and/or shock and then camping there as much as possible. Getting the belt once or twice definitely helps and if I spawn topside and the big keg is up I piston jump to get it (if there are no boots). Getting the belt and keg is worth it even if you get killed immediately because it means one of those rat-bot-bastards won't have it for another 90 seconds or however long they take to respawn (no I don't time them).

http://lily42.free.fr/TGP/NSFY/NSFY_Koos.ZIP

I was panicking at the end and got lucky.

My tempest demo is messed up somehow but I will try to get demos for Liandri and Conveyor to Lily soon. Peak definitely sucks but I have one of that too.

8. Witty

Witty I hear only yes.

hmm.... I can't post my demos, but I did go 20-2 on grinder with my nearest enemy at 7 frags. :D
    not too shabby, I think

9. Pat

Pat BANNED

What do i type to start recording demos?
    and to stop.

10. Lily

Lily Biatch

To start recording a demo :

demorec <demoname>

To stop recording :

stopdemo

--
    Lily

11. Blorgg

Blorgg Active Member

I thought to myself, ok I'll do this. I'll play all the maps on Godlike. But after the first match against Blake I realized I don't like NW and that I suck too much at NW :D
    I won the first map 10-0 but I'm sure I wouldn't have won the maps after this one. Those bots are evil I tell ya [​IMG]

12. Lily

Lily Biatch

I want your demos.

NSFY, Witty, what about you send me your demos to lily42@free.fr so that I can host them ? Got plenty of webspace left :)

Lily

13. Sekhmet

Sekhmet the Destroyer

that sounds familiar neonite, i confuse em too often, by strafing like mad around em. Its fun when you have the Mini/Pulse and are shooting constantly in their back, and they just try to get you in their sights :) Very rewarding kill, i tell ya

14. NeoNite

Want to see the bots go crazy? Go psycho? let them play on ctf-fifa ;)... "incredible performance" that's what I'd like to call it ;) :D
    Are godlike bots really better in the sp tourney ladder than in the practice sessions? :-/

15. No Soup For You

YES!

I think they are - but I never figured out how to set up a practice game with the exact same combination of bots and maps as in the single player tournament. Maybe Lily or someone else knows for sure.

16. Sekhmet

Sekhmet the Destroyer

i'm pretty sure they are... can't get past Codex :mad:

17. NeoNite

Codex of wisdom... I like that level.. :) visse is one of your opponents right?

18. Sekhmet

Sekhmet the Destroyer

yeah Visse is one of em.. but she's not the problem. Me hates Arkoth24, and then i respawn near one of them with an enforcer. I hate that :mad: Maybe i'm playing to agressively :(

19. Amanda

Amanda Banned

:eek: That's insane!! Rukee, you're the 1337357 of the 1337. :D

20. NeoNite

Cheap tricks, level knowledge, low fraglimit, dumb teambots :D
    what do you expect :D ?