1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

The GODLIKE Project, the demos

Discussion in 'Original Unreal Tournament' started by Lily, Jan 7, 2002.

1. NeoNite

NeoNite Worst hack fraud ever

Oh the mini I hate the mini :D
    For some reason I don't think Kgalleon is the hardest level in the ladder.. peak is.. aarg peak!! aaarg at peak! :D

Damn those ut bots. They make the other bots look kinda.. lame :)

2. pine

pine Official Photography Thread Appreciator

to beat Peak:

Camp in the room with the shieldbelt and shock rifle. It's the strongest campsite ever made for UT, ever. :D

3. NeoNite

I try, but those bastards keep killing me somehow :D

4. Lily

Lily Biatch

I can understand. I went back online after I completed the solo game, and I tried a few matches on Liandri last week, the bots were walking all over me again. You *really* have to play differently against bots, the most difficult part is to stay as far away as possible off the bots (which is the exact opposite of how I play against humans), and to stop dodging madly, because it doesn't fool the bots (but old habbits are sooo hard to fight).

Lily

5. NeoNite

hmm sometimes circle strafing around a bot confuses him/her/it...

6. Lily

Lily Biatch

Re: Poor PCB is...

A few tips :

- *Don't* go into the central area, unless you have the armor or the shieldbelt and a suitable weapon (pulse, mini, rl, shock).
    - Leave the shock rifle where it is, way too hard to reach then stay alive.
    - In the central area, stay under cover if you can, if the bots don't see you, they don't bug you, pick them up one at a time.
    - Camp the shieldbelt/minigun, you *need* the shield belt to stay alive a few seconds in the central area, and if you take the minigun, the bots won't have it, and you know how deadly they are with the mini. Once you have the shield, check the deemer too.
    - Forget about the amp, I tried to use it an hundred time, with the shield belt, but most of the time, the bots would take away most of my shield, and the hammer jump would not make things better.
    - If you are lagging behind at the score, restart the level, you won't come back...

If you watch the demo again, you will see that I have spent a lot of time camping around the shield belt, then I would check the deemer, *then* attempt to score a few frags in the central area, trying not to have several bots shooting me down. Anyway, I beat Liandri twice out of 50+ attempts, I doubt my average game was better than your. Btw, if you want a demo of me losing badly to the bots, you just have to ask :D

Just a comment on the enforcer : I use exclusively the primary mode, and usually as a *slow* hitscan weapon. That is, I don't hold the button down, like I would with the minigun. Instead, I aim quickly, instagib style, then fire. This is slower, but much better that way. Well, this doesn't necessarily apply to the liandri demo though :)

Well, if it had been one of these games, I would have lost, I would not have post the demo, and you would never have seen it :)

Heh, keep trying, if you can beat koos, you can beat liandri :)

What about your demo of koos, btw ? (please, pretty please, don't tell me you didn't record a demo). I want your demos too :D

Lily

7. LordKhaine

LordKhaine I sing the body electric...

Trouble is, the style you need to play against bots isnt nearly as fun as against humans. But then, I play online so much im so used to ping I cant aim without a ping :lol:

8. No Soup For You

No Soup For You I got your PM right HERE!

Re: Re: Poor PCB is...

Lily - demos of Koos, Tempest, and Barracade are on their way. LOL - you are allright :) - I give you a little bit of $hit and you come back and give me some very polite and helpful tips. Are you sure you are not a Swede? Anyway - thank you. I'm back at it!

Oh and LK - supposedly there is a place in one of the ini files where you can add some "lag" offline. Maybe that would help.

9. LordKhaine

You kidding me? I'd just bitch about ping then ;) But on another note, that lag thing in the ini doesnt work. Not that I'd use it anyway, why play against bots with a ping, when you can play humans with a ping?

10. Lily

Lily Biatch

That's like when I'm playing instagib, I *can't* hit anyone who's not running around, I will aim too much on the left or right, or below, or above, but I can't possibly hit someone who's standing still, no way :D

Lily

11. pine

pine Official Photography Thread Appreciator

haha, I have the same problem. I'll run circles around some noob who's just standing still using his mouse or doesn't know how to strafe, and he'll kill me while I keep missing his motionless ass. Pathetic ;).

12. LordKhaine

Thats why total n00bs often get kills one me, I keep shooting left and right of them, and they stand still and shoot me :(

13. Lily

Lily Biatch

Yesterday, I was playing a guy who was doing shock combos with a macro bound to a key. Whenever I was crossing him, he would stop running, hold a key down, release, and poof, here was a combo. Oh, that would not save his ass most of the time, but he did kill me that way a couple time. Hell, I can do combos while strafing, dodging, jumping, whatever, and here was a guy who would just stand still, press a key, and still score me a few times. That kind of thing is very frustrating.

Oh well, I suppose DM is not for me, I'm trying to play the difficult way, but spamming, camping, and spawn raping would do the trick just as well :(

Lily

14. No Soup For You

Hey Lily - Where do I send the demos?

Do you have a size limit on what you can receive? Maybe it is me. Anyway I'll try to send one at a time.

15. LordKhaine

Yeah I've heard of that before, kinda useless if you ask me. It may make a standing combo easier, but you lose so much flexablity with it. Once you press the button, your stuck if the sec fire is aimed badly, as you *have* to fire a primary when you release the key. Its the same as most alias thingeys, they make something easier, but end up slowing you down in the long run. And all the things they make easy are simple anyway. The IH jump bind is one such useless key. The hardest thing about IH jumps is the timing, and the alias doesnt help your timing in any way. Result, people waste a key on a fancy alias that would be best off simply being a standard select IH key.

16. No Soup For You

Can't agree with you on that one LK. Maybe I'm just a newb, but I could never get the timing right on PBJs without using a bind even after practicing a fair amount. But don't worry - I don't play CTF - I was just curious about all the fuss regarding PBJs on Lava and such so I played around with it.

Anyway, I would agree that the combo bind wouldn't be much use.

Now back to our regularly scheduled program...I MADE IT THROUGH LIANDRI WOOHOO! :D ON TO CONVEYOR!

17. LordKhaine

I suppose I *did* use to play AS a lot :D

18. NeoNite

Conveyor.. another map in the ladder I really, really hate :) Good luck "No soup for you"...

19. Lily

Lily Biatch

Weird, I found conveyor quite easy. I played the map mindlessly many times, and didn't find it difficult at all. Nothing in common with the two hellish maps, koos & liandri :) Well, maybe it's just me.

NSFY : No idea if you can send me large files on that e-box, just try one demo, and I'll check. If that fails, we'll do it with a messenger or something. Oh, and congrats on beating liandri :D

Lily

20. NeoNite

Yeah maybe Lily.. and to think I don't mind playing Liandri at all :)
    Used to have trouble keeping up with adept or masterful bots on that level, and now most of the times :D I beat them.

Kgalleon however :) bet that's the nightmare of most ut players :D