1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

The GODLIKE Project, the demos

Discussion in 'Original Unreal Tournament' started by Lily, Jan 7, 2002.

1. Lily

Lily Biatch

You are forgiven Tuffy :)

But you'd have to try much harder than that to offend me :D

Btw, my email has been set up, so you can try and send me demos to lily42@free.fr (no idea how much space I can consume for my mail box, though, but free.fr don't bug their users, so that should be ok, don't send 20MB at once, however).

PCB, NSFY, I'm waiting :)

Lily

2. pine

pine Official Photography Thread Appreciator

I use hotmail so I can't send more than 1 mb at once, which I'm sure both of my demos are. :hmm:

3. Lily

Lily Biatch

Quotas on *sending* email ??? Wow ! When you think that all I had to do for the free 100 MB webspace, email, and dialup access was to fill in a formular on the net and wait for an answer by snail mail ... American 'ISPs' scare me..

Anyway, how do you want to transfer files ?

Lily

4. pine

Do you use any instant messengers? I'm pineconeboy9 on AIM, you can find me on MSN by my e-mail (pineconeboy@hotmail.com) and my ICQ handle is (paragon). If ya got any of these, add me to your contact list and we can transfer 'em when we're both online. Also, I usually idle in mIRC after my classes are over, which is in......oh......2 hours. You can transfer files through that program also. Look in channel #(DK) in irc.enterthegame.com or in #beyondunreal, also in enterthegame.

Shouldn't be too hard to make this work.

5. Lily

Lily Biatch

If you can record good demos of koos or liandri (playing the solo game, not a custom practice session) on godlike, go for it, we need demos for the Project :)

Lily

6. pine

I think someone should sticky this thread because a lot of visitors to the UT forum might find it useful and interesting. Just a suggestion.

Lily uploaded my two demos that I felt were useful or worthy to be viewed, so here they are:

Pressure

Luck plays somewhat of a factor on this map; spawning near the pressure room will help you immensely. This is what happened to me in this demo, at the very beginning I started out with the amp/belt and went on a killing spree.

Use the rocket launcher a lot on this map and pop out from behind the many posts, columns, boxes, or other vertical obstacles and fire, then take cover again. Ideally the bots won't have a line-of-sight to shoot at you for very much time. The shock rifle works well too, but I wouldn't work too hard at getting the body armor in that area; concentrate more on the belt.

As Lily said, the bots are extremely stupid about going in the pressure room and some games you can get as much as five frags by depressurizing them. If they're in that main room with you, just get out of sight and let them head into the pressure chamber.

In the long corridor, I salvaged a lot of frags by being on the outside of inter-bot fights - this is very important in Pressure. Try to be picking off bots that are already fighting with each other (a good tip in general).

Here's the demo:

http://lily42.free.fr/TGP/PCB/pcbvpressure.zip

Grinder:

To win this it is very helpful to get the amp once or even a couple times. Try to time its respawn. Basically, there's two places you want to be: The room with the armor and sub-corridor with the flak cannon (the bots almost never grab the flak cannon, which is good when you need a weapon); the second place is around the goo gun, pulse rifle and shock rifle, looking down on the main rooms with rocket launcher or body armor. You can send combos down there, wait until the bots get into a fight then mop up, or just wait for the amp to respawn. The best weapon on this map is probably the rocket launcher, but it's very dangerous to get so make sure you're in the clear before jumping down there.

The bots use the minigun SO much on this map and they're unstoppable with it, so try to avoid any direct confrontations when they have this weapon. Whore it if you can, even if you don't really plan on using it.

http://lily42.free.fr/TGP/PCB/pcbvgrinder.zip

7. hal

hal Dictator Staff Member

stuck

Oh yes, and I hope you don't mind but I took the liberty of changing your thread title from "the GOLDIKE project" to "the GODLIKE project".

makes a little more sense... ;)

8. Lily

Lily Biatch

Sweet ! That mispelled title was driving me crazy everytime it was popping on my screen :)

Lily

9. pine

lol, I hadn't even noticed the misspelled title before :lol:.

Thanks for the sticky, hal. :)

Last edited: Jan 14, 2002
  10. LordKhaine

LordKhaine I sing the body electric...

/me wonders where the goldlike project went. Damn I miss that thread :(

11. pine

It went off the first page. However, there is a basic program you can follow to make it return:

10 Click the little purple button that says "search"

20 In search parameters, enter "The Godlike Project" for words to search for and anybody who you recall posting in that thread for users to search for

30 Perform the search by clicking OK or whatever the button says

40 The thread should be found

50 Click on the thread

60 Click the "post reply" buttton

70 Post a conversationally useless message in order to bring the thread back to page 1 again. This is known as "bumping".

Of course I can always bump The Godlike Project thread, if you want. Do you need me to bump The Godlike Project, LK? ;)

12. LordKhaine

o.o;;;;;

13. pine

Heh......what the heck IS that?

14. Boom

Boom Rumpshaking Moderator

Rukee, a 1 on 14 TDM against Godlike bots is too ez. You have 14 targets and can just spam away. The bots have to run around the entire map trying to find one person. Make it a 15 player DM with Godlike bots instead of TDM and see if you do as well.

15. Lily

Lily Biatch

Or just give a try to Liandri or Koos in the solo game, and don't forget to demorec. I have some webspace left :)

Btw, people, the Project needs YOU ! Record sweet demos of the solo game in godlike mode, and send them to me. We need good demos of Koos and Liandri ! (And don't forget to take a screenshot at the end of the matches).

Lily

16. Grave

Grave Carcass Devourment

its pretty useless, coz you can adjust even the godlike bots to aim lame, etc.
    hell i suppose you could even use aimbots/etc (how lame some folks can get, aimbot against bots :D)

to make a proper project you need to set some rules:
    1. godlike using single player tournament (has preset bot difficulty) or practice session?
    -practice session has the advantage of using same fraglimit in every map
    -bots can be boosted to max difficulty (hyper aim/jumpy/strafy/etc)

2. two godlike modes, one based on best scores and the second on fastest completion (UTDQ - "ut done quick" anyone :D)

3. godlike score/time
    -score mode: bigger score difference is better
    -time mode: fastest time is better

its useless to start unless theres a godlike project mutator which will include difficulty/etc in demo recording
    usage of cheatprotection would be recommended too
    im sure there are more rules that should be used and included, but unless theres a coder willing to create it, demos have no use.

17. LordKhaine

You could tell cheats from the demo really. Stuff like aimbots are very, very easy to spot with a client side demo. I'm tempted to complete Liandri against godlike bots, but since...

a) I *HATE* bots.

b) I suck against bots, too used to playing humans.

:(

18. pine

Give it a shot, I suck against bots and I made it to Koos Galleon......yep, I'm still at Koos Galleon ;)

19. No Soup For You

No Soup For You I got your PM right HERE!

Poor PCB is...

...still stuck on Koos :( Well actually I'm having fond memories of Koos after being stuck on Liandri now forever. I've been watching Lily's Liandri demo and I just don't get it :confused: I've never been able to hang out in the main area without getting sniped or enforcer killed or shocked from clear across the hall :mad:, and yet Lily is kind of leisurely strolling through there and mopping up. Lily even gets an enforcer kill (in mini room) on a bot that has the mini - wtf is that! :eek:

Now don't get your panties in a bunch - I'm not questioning Lily's skill, but I would really like it if my bots would have the kind of bad shooting day they seem to be having in that demo. None of them goes on a tear anywhere in that demo - $hit - if I stop getting frags for even 15-30 seconds it seems like I'm suddenly behind by 7 frags and it's sooooo hard to come from behind on that map.

My Godlike Quest is getting behind schedule :(

I just noticed there were no happy faces in this post so eat this :D :) :lol: ;)

20. pine

when the bots have the mini, they will stop firing it when you're out of line-of-sight....so the trick, I'm guessing, is to use the columns in that room and pop out from behind them for quick enforcer shots, then back again. I've killed mini-wielding bots with the enforcer this way before.