1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

The funny pictures thread (new and improved)

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Latent Image, Jan 30, 2008.

1. Firefly

Firefly United Kingdom is not a country.

Gotta love the Irish 'logic'. :)

2. ambershee

ambershee Nimbusfish Rawks

What's more sad is that in the Premier League in the UK alone, the player salaries are enough to feed multiple small nations.

3. _Lynx

_Lynx Strategic Military Services Staff Member

Salaries or transfer costs?

4. Firefly

Salaries.
    £200,000 per week is not unusual.
    The highest was 250.

a week.

Also if a player is injured he still gets paid.

Not sure how old this list is but it does show just how wealthy playing football can make you.

Just found this link as well.

Last edited: Jun 24, 2012
  5. ambershee

That list is pretty out of date. Player salaries have ballooned since then - the latter link shows it well; they have in many cases doubled.

Chelsea paid out £191 million in salaries last year (not including bonuses, which also regularly reach over £1 million per player) - that's effectively £525,000 per day. The international poverty line is about £0.8 per day - ergo Chelsea could have fed more than 650,000 people for a year with that money. There are 20 clubs in the Premiere League paying enough salary and bonus money every year to effectively feed around 15 million people - or a country the size of Malawi.

6. cUnNiNg_StUnTs

cUnNiNg_StUnTs Member

Create a new thread for sports this is the funny pictures thread...

[​IMG]

7. dragonfliet

dragonfliet I write stuffs

So that they can hit a fuck ton harder. Football is actually more dangerous than Rugby and players are more prone to injury because the pads aren't used as protection so much as an excuse to slam into people with excruciating force.

Except for the quarterbacks and kickers. They're almost as whiny as soccer players.

8. Mister_Prophet

Mister_Prophet .

Hockey is better and is more fun to watch.

:)

9. ambershee

I bring into question the logic of a guy who thinks that pads let people tackle harder - they don't. Rugby players are less prone to injury because there is a very strong emphasis on discipline in tackling, both on the field and in the rules. Sloppy tackling can cause severe back injury - and in some unfortunate cases people have been paralysed or killed as a result of illegal tackles.

FYI, it's common for rugby players to wear armoured vests. They're just much smaller and designed to cushion impacts.

10. DeathBooger

DeathBooger Malcolm's Sugar Daddy

Please, American Football is like a little league Rugby.

11. dotnetbeast

dotnetbeast Mr. Mayhem

Now its time to get back on topic.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. Zxanphorian

Zxanphorian ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

In America we glorify violence, so obviously we would go overkill with tackles.

It even went so far that there was a "bounty" put on targeted players that if you injure them, you get paid to do so.

13. Firefly

Rugby players do that for fun.

14. Hermskii

Hermskii www.Hermskii.com

Zxanphorian,

Are you a Steelers fan? I ask because I was a Houston Oilers fan. If you are a Steelers fan that could then give us "even more reason" to disagree with each other and thus we could hate each other on an even higher level! God knows Oilers fans strongly dislike the Steelers. That would still leave you a couple levels under XenoPhreak or whatever that guys name is though. But you're better than him. Surely you can get higher on my "I really hate that guy" list. Maybe you can move to Austin and live in a tent near City Hall!

15. Zxanphorian

Zxanphorian ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

I live in the Eastern half of Pennsylvania, so if I really cared about NFL teams (which I don't), I would most likely be an Eagles fan. There is a pretty strong divide in PA about who likes the Steelers vs the Eagles. If you live in Pittsburgh or Philadelphia especially, you better not speak ill of the other team in the other city, unless you want an all-out brawl. Al would probably know exactly what I am talking about.

The only teams that I root for and are fans are very local teams, or teams of schools I went to, such as the Penn State Nittany Lions.

16. Twisted Metal

Twisted Metal Anfractuous Aluminum

Are there any rules for tackling in rugby to make it safer? I can't imagine some of the tackles you see in football (think full speed helmet on helmet collision) would end well in a rugby game with no protection.

17. ambershee

Helmet-on-helmet collisions can surely only be performed by retards. The reason this kind of thing doesn't really happen in rugby is because only the ball carrier may be tackled.

Some info here - full rules are surprisingly hard to come by.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rugby_union_gameplay#Tackle

18. Jacks:Revenge

Jacks:Revenge ╠╣E╚╚O

19. _Lynx

_Lynx Strategic Military Services Staff Member

My guess this also applies to Pens and Philly :lol:

20. dotnetbeast

dotnetbeast Mr. Mayhem

I want to see how many of you get this.

[​IMG]