1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

The final thread on setting up your GeForce for OpenGL sweetness...

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by /\l!eN[RIP], Sep 1, 2001.

1. Toutin

Toutin Leader of the Trouts

AMD Duron 700 on KT133
    Geforce 2 GTS 64 Mb using XP detonator
    320Mb ram sdr 133
    Hdd IBM deskstar 40Go
    Sb Live!
    via 4 in 1 4.36v
    Windows XP

2. DRmechanic

DRmechanic New Member

Damn, AMD+Geforce is a bad mix all by it self... throw in XP and all bets are off:p It could be Bill logging on to your system to see what your playing:D Sorry, had to say that don't cha know...

3. Toutin

Toutin Leader of the Trouts

well, of course!!!

4. DRmechanic

DRmechanic New Member

The fact you have it running at all is a plus for you. Ok, looks like you're using opengl, correct? Can you past a copy of your opengl settings from your infiltration.ini here? Also, uncheck "Allow Dual Planes Extensions" in your opengl settings of your display properties (you have to reboot for the setting to take effect). It's a longshot but when enabled on my system can cause artifacts in Q3... never know:D

Last edited: Dec 22, 2001
  5. Ross MacGregor

Ross MacGregor AKA Dirk-(IF)

Clipping Problems

I too am having serious clipping problems with the OpenGL driver. Anyone know how to fix this? Other than the clipping, it seems much faster and more stable than D3D.

Look at this:

Something's weird at the old firing range.
    [​IMG]

I am running:

1100 Mhz Thunderbird
    Abit KT7
    Geforce 2 Ultra
    SB Live Value

6. DialAJunk

DialAJunk fl;ksisj

Intel MB
    P4 1.7
    256 mb pc800RDRAM
    GeForce2 GTS 32

INF setings:
    1024x768
    OpenGL 32bit (of course)
    all graphics set to highest

Average 120 fps.

I don't know what everybody's problem is.

(Av. 309 fps in Q3A all graphics set to highest possible in 1024x768)

I can just imagine what a GeForce3 will do to my system. It might go too fast.

7. Pat

Pat BANNED

ok... a friend directed me to this thread so i can make ut run faster. but i dont have infiltration, (56k ugh...) what ini. file should i change?

8. DRmechanic

DRmechanic New Member

In your unrealtournament.ini under the opengldrv header. Go here http://unreal.epicgames.com/ and download the latest opengldrv.dll and look a little further down the page for the opengl settings. Copy and paste the settings in place of the opengl settings in your unrealtournament.ini, putting the opengldrv.dll in your unrealtournament/system directory. This should get you started in the right direction...:D

9. Ross MacGregor

Ross MacGregor AKA Dirk-(IF)

Re: Clipping Problems

I fixed my clipping problems! I am a bad boy for not replying sooner.

Upgrading to the latest NVidia reference drivers (23-11) fixed my problem. I was using the Creative driver, but I think that thing is ancient.

I have since found a problem with this driver and my new K7S5A motherboard so will be dropping back to the latest certified NVidia driver.

Hope this helps someone.

10. egg shin

egg shin New Member

heya all! here's my prob. I used to have a g2 mx and ran d3d just fine..averaged 40-70 fps depending on the action...settings on medium. I just picked up a g3 ti-200 and had hoped for a slight increase. Boy was I wrong. My max fps in d3d is 19. absolute glass ceiling, will go no higher. I tried dl'ing the GL fixes and ini's above and they seem to work much better, but my d3d still performed better on the g2. Is there a way I can remove the cap on my fps in d3d?

win 98
    Duron 800/asus a7v 133 mobo..
    128megs pc133
    10 gig hd
    cable!
    G3 Ti-200 visiontek running latest drvrs..

11. Ender1987

Ender1987 New Member

Do the latest OpenGL drivers support S3TC textures? Should I replace my TTR1.2 OGL driver with the newest one from epic?