1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

The F4 key

Discussion in 'General Infiltration Discussion' started by Shrap, Aug 22, 2003.

1. Shrap

Shrap Beaver

I would like to know who experienced this with inf.

When I normally press escape to bring the menu, there's a slight ( 3-4 seconds ) delay before my mouse is able to move to select things but if, instead of pressing escape, I press F4 ( or was it F5 ? ), there's no delay at all.

Explanation ? Comments ? Thoughts ? Ideas ? Blackmail ?

2. Freon

Freon Braaaaiinss...

what i do usually is switch to another menu (like input) as soon as I launch the game. The delay is gone after that
    F4 is supposed to bring the in game browser (al least it does in UT) but I'm not sure if it works in Inf

3. Prowler

Prowler "Building Better Worlds"

probably trying to laod the screenshot for the map that is being displayed in the maim menu

4. MadWoffen

MadWoffen Soon! ©

Ha ? I thought this was the consequence of using a crappy computer!

5. Cleeus[JgKdo]

Cleeus[JgKdo] because respawns suck

It's the consequence of a LOT of maps which most of has now have. If they have to be loaded into the drop-down menu the game lags. If you don't have the game-window open but the input or whatever window instead the mapnames don't have to be loaded.

Last edited: Aug 28, 2003
  6. MP_Lord_Kee

MP_Lord_Kee New Member

And now I find out about this...*sigh*

//Kee