The digital $hit is gonna hit the fan

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Donnellizer

Fjæsing!
Jun 17, 2001
Ocean Grove, NJ
Visit site
Originally posted by Ballistophobia
Don, I find myself saying "Life is a contradiction" a lot. I am no exception, one minute I can be mourning a complete stranger's death/pain or laughing at it. Just depends on the mood I'm in and this is because I'm a human, just chemicals and electricity moving through organic tissue. Essentially, we are no different than computers. Scientists have even proven we have programmed actions and reactions to things even at birth, meaing free will only goes so far. If you have seen the movie the Thirteenth Floor, then you might be able to understand how I feel about being human. When Vincent D'niofrio and the main duder in the movie especially finds out he's just code in a computer, that's exactly the way I relate to life. Nothing matters, nothing exists, since when it ends all the information in my brain will deteriorate, this very post never happened. I'm using foresight and hindsight simultaneously to come up with this conclusion. So that's why I'm a hedonist. I also have a problem with aberrated elation, which is where the whole contradiction problem comes in, yet it's still pleasure. Anyways, enough of this rant, I gotta find some weed or something. :)

Yeah sometimes I feel like that. I'm tiredy so I'm not gonna rant, but the fact is one of my BIGGEST issues is that I am a very big pessimist. I won't enjoy myself so much for fear that something will go wrong. The glass is always half-empty ;) !

Ballistophobia

Hedonistic Forum Panacea
Jul 15, 2000
Middlesex, NJ USA
goatse.cx
Originally posted by OICW
Ballisto: but as long as one of us is still alive you're post still exists :)

it's only when you die like you said that it doesn't exist for you.

Yeah, but like I said I'm using hindsight on foresight, so it's since I will cease to exist, it's like I already don't. If it wasn't inevitable, this would be a very different story.

Cream soda owns!! I'm drinkin it right now! :eek:

Donnellizer

Fjæsing!
Jun 17, 2001
Ocean Grove, NJ
Visit site
Nah, every topic does. Just look at PhatCat's webcam thread. Or GunGirl's I'm back thread. Phatcat's turned into a desktop display bonanza, a UN discussion (doesn't every thread with Rogue in it :p ), then back into a webcam discussion. And GunGirl's thread turned into a CS argument!! :D This forum is so weird it's fun!

RogueLeader

Tama-chan says, "aurf aurf aurf!"
Oct 19, 2000
Indiana. Kill me please.
I'm about to try something unprecedented in the history of internet message boards: a controlled subject change...that's right, I'm going to make a blatently obvious and intentional attempt to change the subject to something completely random!

You know what I really hate? Chipmunks. They are such annoying creatures. And when you throw rocks at them they start chattering at you in those high pitched squeeky voices. Its just like Alvin and the Chipmunks, only they can't form intelligible words. But then again neither could Alvin.

RogueLeader

Tama-chan says, "aurf aurf aurf!"
Oct 19, 2000
Indiana. Kill me please.
That sounded so much like a deep thought from snl...
Uh oh, I may have just made an accidental subject change to deep thoughts...and thereby nullified my intentional subject of chipmunks. Damnit!