1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

The Boomslang Saga

Discussion in 'Original Unreal Tournament' started by Boom, Sep 6, 2000.

1. Boom

Boom Rumpshaking Moderator

The following quotes are from the numerous emails back and forth between me and the Boomslang tech support losers. I am on my 3rd tech guy. He finally admitted that I got a bum mouse (there is something physically wrong with it) and promised me a new one. This was over 5 weeks ago. Now they don't seem to be responding to my emails. I am very frustrated. It starts out on a bad note. My first email starts with "I just got a Boomslang 2000" and their first response asks me which model. DUH, I SAID A BOOMSLANG 2000! Grrrr. Anyway, I did have a little fun with this nonesense. Maybe at least y'all can be entertained and some good can come out of this.

My first email was as follows
    I think I put a lot of time into describing the problem as specifically as possible. Unfortunately, the dork didn't read it. Here is his response:
    Grrrrrrrr. Now I'm already a bit upset. Here is my response:

"I greatly appreciate your anticipated cooperation" is how us lawyers say "F-ck You"

Here is his response. He blames me for being unclear. How is "I just got a Boomslang 2000 unclear?"
    Well, I couldn't let it go at that:
    At this point, Barry gave up on me and I was apparently transfered to Dan who responded as follows:
    Ummm, squeaking noise?? Ok. And now they think the brand new mouse is dirty? Whatever. Anyway I tried to be a little nicer in my next response:
    This was a little too much for Dan to deal with apparently, so now I was passed off to Greg, tech guy #3, who sent this email on July 27th:
    Surprise surprise. A defect in my mouse. Well, I can hardly wait to get my new one. Oh, Hmmm now a month has passed, time for another email from me. And yes, now I am being snotty:
    a week goes by with no response, so I send this:
    Then I repeated the previous email to make sure they got it.

Is it me or do these guys got poopypants? Jeez, I suck enough without a sticky mouse. And after having to go through 3 tech guys, you would think they would try to get my new mouse out pretty quickly. I do not believe that they are out of mice. That is ridiculous. Their website is still trying to sell them.

What do y'all think?

2. Rev.Whoopass

Rev.Whoopass Sperm Bot

I have had similar mouse problems,but actually very good support.(should not need support for a mouse)I had a 4 button Logitech for almost 2 years and never had a problem with it.
    I am on my 3rd razer,and things seem to be fine for now.The little teflon feet on the bottom of the mouse,are almost gone,and when I asked them to send me some replacements the envelope was here in 3 days.But there was NOTHING in the envelope.hahahah GGGRRrrrrrrr.
    I just sent them an e-mail back no more than 5 minutes ago.All of my razers squeak a little,but the first 2 (bought from razerzone.com)were very, very jumpy,just as you described.Don't know what the prob;em is with them,but they had better get on the ball quick.

Rev.Whoopass

3. Watchdog

Watchdog New Member

youslang tech support blows. I had the same problem when i sent my piece of crap back.

4. Yellow5

Yellow5 Guest

Interesting.

I think at this point I would start calling the company Boom. It's easy to ignore email, hard to ignore a live person. :)

5. Omega-Seven

Omega-Seven New Member

hee hee hee hee hee hee hee hee hee hee

So let me get this straight...

There is something "physically wrong" with your boomslang?

=)
    hee hee hee hee hee hee hee hee hee hee hee hee hee hee

6. OshadowO

OshadowO Irregular

Talk about asses. Boom Y5 is right, call them and hound them. Get the name of the guys you talk to if they try and dodge the issue and ask for a manager. Threaten to report them to that better business bereau thingy too.
    Hey wait a minute. You're the vicious lawer here. Why am I giving you advice?? You should be giving me advice:D
    Hope you get your new "you-slang" soon.

7. soyrico

soyrico New Member

Hi,

I live in the high desert outside of Tucson. We have a great deal of wildlife. I bought a slang from BestBuy. Used it for three days and a field mouse got into the house and actually gnawed the cord in half. I couldnt believe it. I was having the utilities replaced, lots of trenching contractors etc, and on my way to the car with slang in hand I was stopped by the USWest techie. I put the slang in the car, talked with the techie for about 40 minutes and went back to my car. What I found was a melted slang on the front seat. Well not melted, warped. So now I had a warped slang with a severed cord.

I emailed the manufacturer and they said, send it back. Damn. Seems ok to me. I am about to return it. I'll let you know if I have any problems with them. None so far. Just field mice and the Arizona heat.

I do feel your pain Boom. But I have to tell you, if something like this must happen to someone, let it be to a lawyer. There is kharma at work here somehow (j/k).

Sometimes you have to defer to them, even if they don't deserve it. If they believe that you see them as important, they may deign to visit you with a favor. Otherwise, they will probably just become confused and pass it up the food chain. You are not dealing with the designers or owners here Boom. You are just dealing with minimum wage guys that would rather be doing something else.

Thanks, and oh DONT send a certified letter. Send flowers.

Jim
    bodkins@prologic.com

8. Harm|PuF

Harm|PuF Legion of Lions for Life!

I feel for ya man ;). It sucks having a sticky slang :eek:, but just to echo previous posts, call em.

9. Goughmezz

Goughmezz Banned

I pity the fools if they try to screw Mr. Boom over. ;)

10. lb4lb

lb4lb New Member

Have you considered

going to Best Buy (hopefully there is one close by) and buy a brand new mouse. Then take the defective mouse along with all the packaging that came with it and receipt back to Best Buy and tell them it's defective and you want a refund.

I had to replace a door knob from Lowes this way just this week. The lock worked fine for 4 months and then the springs busted, which should not have happened. It's a $40 lock that should not break, in fact I can't ever remeber having a lock break at all. I went to Lowe's bought the same door knob got it home put the defective lock back in the bag with the receipt and told them it was defective they gave me the refund.

All Best Buy will do is return the Boomslang to the manufacturer (what you haven't been able to do they can do for you:)) Because they are Best Buy and not an individual you can rest assured that they will recive their credit.

11. Goughmezz

Goughmezz Banned

The Engineer
    Author: Unknown
    Submitted by Unknown on 06-27-1998
    Suitability: PG
    Genre: Shortie, Rating: 2.61

An engineer died and reported to the pearly gates. An intern
    angel, filling in for St. Peter, checked his dossier and grimly
    said, "Ah, you're an engineer; you're in the wrong place."

So the engineer was cast down to the gates of hell and was let
    in. Pretty soon, the engineer became gravely dissatisfied with
    the level of comfort in hell, and began designing and building
    improvements. After a while, the underworld had air conditioning,
    flush toilets, and escalators, and the engineer was becoming a
    pretty popular guy among the demons.

One day, God called Satan up on the telephone and asked with a
    sneer, "So, how's it going down there in hell?"

Satan laughed and replied, "Hey, things are going great. We've
    got air conditioning and flush toilets and escalators, and
    there's no telling what this engineer is going to come up with
    next."

God's face clouded over and he exploded, "What? You've got an
    engineer? That's a mistake; he should never have gotten down
    there; send him up here."

Satan shook his head, "No way. I like having an engineer on the
    staff, and I'm keeping him."

God was as mad as he had ever been, "This is not the way things
    are supposed to work and you know it. Send him back up here or
    I'll sue."

Satan laughed uproariously, "Yeah, right. And just where are YOU
    going to get a lawyer?"

12. ~Cobra~

~Cobra~ Cursed!

if it helps any you can get everyone to email razor to get your mouse... i doubt they can overlook 100+ emails :D

13. Boom

Thanks all!!!

Lots of good ideas here. Right now I am out of town though. When I get back I will give them a call and see if I can get an explanation on the phone. All it comes down to is they promised me they would send me a new one, and almost 6 weeks have gone by. Maybe if I get a person on the phone, I can convince them to fill out the form or click the icon, or do whatever it takes to put that puppy in the mail.

If that doesn't work, I will try some of the more drastic suggestions in this thread. ;)

I'm hoping a certain Goth ]LoL[ female minigun-ho will stumble upon this thread. Razer is a client of the company she works for. :eek:

Goughmezz, that is one of my favorite lawyer jokes :D

14. Troll|PuF

Troll|PuF Poetic Terrorist

Boom, actually I posted a long solution for you yesterday and the b0rked forums ate it.

The gist of it is: don't bother with tech support anymore. Hit them where it hurts: their image.

You take your slew of emails, you forward them to their VP of marketing, to the head of sales, to every high up muckity muck you can find. You tell them that portions of these emails have already been posted on a VERY well known gaming forum and have been read by hundreds of potential customers. That if you do not receive your replacement mouse, not only are you contacting the better busines bureau, but that you will personally see to it that you cost them thousands of dollars in potential revenue through exposing their tech support's incompetance to a demographic which HAS and WILL spend nice wads of cash to have the best mouse possible. And they have now been witness to your inability to get a simple replacement mouse. You want the mouse by federal express the next business day, or those emails go up on every single gaming forum you can find on the net, and get sent to the consumer rant section of every gaming magazine.

Then sit back and wait for the fedex man to arrive.

15. -BHS-Snowdog

-BHS-Snowdog New Member

Troll hit the nail on the head there. The tech support folks you're talking to could really give a rat's ass about the company's image, but there are plenty of people in the company that do (or should.) People sometimes underestimate how much a company values it's image, but it really is a big part of their success (or lack of) especially in the hardware/software industry. Simply hearing about your tribulations has assured one potential customer eternally lost by this company, and perhaps more (i.e. anybody who asks me about them...)

16. Temporary Account

Temporary Account Temporarily Permanent

Oooooooooooooh...she's so eeeeeeeeeeevilllllllllllllll. I like it :D

17. Goughmezz

Goughmezz Banned

And what's even better: Trolls idea + Boom's ball busting skills = havoc for the company hack. lol

They are gonna bend like hot iron! Mwahahahahah!!!

Maybe we could randomly send the company Bigwig emails. Imagine the look on his face when he encounters , "Dear Sir, I have heard that the Boomslang product that you are selling is really bad. I saw a customer nightmare story on this forum I post on..."

18. Boom

Troll, you da one!!

I'm gonna go to Razer's website. There must be an email address for some sort of marketing guy or something. I will send him an email with a link to this thread. Next day Fedex sounds pretty good to me. :)

The product itself is cool. Just ask Cobra. He uses one and he is quickly becoming one of the best in the game IMHO. Its just that mine is jumpy when I move horizontally. It feels like I am playing on a cordaroy (sp?) mouse pad.

But to take all that time to send out a replacement, maybe I am just being impatient?

And maybe I'm silly, but I sorta expected them to be nice to me since my name is Boom (no maybe about it, I am silly).

Anyway, I guess I can't do too much until I get back into town, but I will keep y'all updated. Thanks, you guys (and gal) rock!

19. The_Inflictor

The_Inflictor Honest and unmerciful

Sorry to hear of your problems Boom :(

Follow Troll's advice play dirty if they continue to patronise.