The Best UT3 Players

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
Status
Not open for further replies.

d3tox

Face down in a pool of his own vomit.
Apr 8, 2008
Get real, most warfare players like me started off playing DM, TDM, and CTF and later went on to ONS and now warfare.

Warfare is very easy to pick up and uses all the skills of DM and CTF along with new ones. I think it would be great if all these players your referring to start joining the warfare servers and play. I think that's a great idea, everyone come on out and play.

Eff Yea baby, I am callin everyone out. Come and play on the warfare servers.

Quit your ballin, cause I am a callin you out baby!

Come play and lets see what happens.

Pubs prove nothing. They are meaningless when it comes to team games.

It looks like there will be a warfare team from #ut3pugs in that little UMG warfare tourney. I would assume since you're all over this that you're already signed up with your team right????

FuLLBLeeD

fart
Jan 23, 2008
Kansas
awwsmack.org
I love how DM players **** all over the Warfare community. As if their time spent playing video games is better than another group of people's time playing internet video games.

And yes, it does take skill to be good at Warfare. Yea, its easy to use the tank, but that's because its a ****ing tank. There's a fine line between flying around on a skateboard and actually doing something productive. Vehicles have specific roles they are meant to perform but pubbies usually don't realize this, unfortunately. If I have one more person drive off in the goddamn Hellbender why I'm sniping...

UT2k4 vehicles were relatively underpowered with the exception of the Manta, or rather infantry was too good with dodge jumping and a broken Shock rifles. Now in UT3 if you're on foot you're usually going to die to vehicles. This is how video games work. Vehicles > infantry in most situations, and you'll have to employ tactics like AVRiL and turret use to take the vehicle down.

Ultimately though in Warfare maps its just a tug of war because of linear map setups. Despite Onslaught basically being a contest of who could build up their cores and spawn rape the other guy with Mantas faster, Warfare is basically just back and forth. Not that there's anything wrong with that, TF2 does something very similar with its CP maps. And there are other Warfare maps with more complex node setups.

But yeah, you're a scrub if you play anything besides Deck-FPS and Shang-CE, so what the hell do I know. :rolleyes:

Sos_your_face

how you become manta?
Dec 8, 2008
S. Florida
www.clan-bge.com
It looks like there will be a warfare team from #ut3pugs in that little UMG warfare tourney.

Really? They haven't signed up yet. I think it's kinda cool the DMers are coming out of their little niche, but I doubt it will do much to improve relations between the groups.

DM team wins: "Oh yeah, I told you we're teh l33tzor! Now we're going back to DM since we've proven we're better than all you vehikal noobs."

DM team loses: "We only lost because you don't need skill to be good at vehikals! You're just a bunch of noobs driving around in your UT3 hot wheels. Now we're going back to DM since we've proven that you don't need skill to play Warfare. Obviously. Otherwise we would have won."

d3tox

Apr 8, 2008
Really? They haven't signed up yet. I think it's kinda cool the DMers are coming out of their little niche, but I doubt it will do much to improve relations between the groups.

DM team wins: "Oh yeah, I told you we're teh l33tzor! Now we're going back to DM since we've proven we're better than all you vehikal noobs."

DM team loses: "We only lost because you don't need skill to be good at vehikals! You're just a bunch of noobs driving around in your UT3 hot wheels. Now we're going back to DM since we've proven that you don't need skill to play Warfare. Obviously. Otherwise we would have won."

Nah, we just want the server.

dc

Aug 17, 2005
Why don't you losers just shut the hell up and play what you want instead of whining on forums about it?

A_Phat_Old_Phuk

Viper Driver
Feb 4, 2009
Pubs prove nothing. They are meaningless when it comes to team games.

It looks like there will be a warfare team from #ut3pugs in that little UMG warfare tourney. I would assume since you're all over this that you're already signed up with your team right????

Excelent! I will sign up ASAP. Have to find some other non clan types to make up a team. This will be new to me, 6v6 is very different than PUB matches.

Nah, we just want the server.

If I was the betting type, I would bet on one of the reqular clan teams, ivc, exe, BGE, T5K, PUB, GOW, etc. After all they have been playing a 6v6 WAR ladder for a almost a year. No other teams will really stand a chance, but it will be fun anyway. Team speed and organization are the key. These guys play 6v6 all the time.

Last edited:

d3tox

Apr 8, 2008
Excelent! I will sign up ASAP. Have to find some other non clan types to make up a team. This will be new to me, 6v6 is very different than PUB matches.

You were doing great until you posted this, all cred you have was just tossed out the window. I didnt even read the rest of your post. Pubs don't do ANY justice to a team game be it tdm, ctf, or even war...

oldkawman

Master of Your Disaster
You were doing great until you posted this, all cred you have was just tossed out the window. I didnt even read the rest of your post. Pubs don't do ANY justice to a team game be it tdm, ctf, or even war...

Looks like the TDM players are serious. That's great. Do you guys want to do any scrims? I am sure T5K, BGE, exe, or any of the other clans would be interested.

Make a post in our forums and challenge us. Scrims are more than just practice matches, they are fun as well.
http://www.t5k-clan.com/modules.php?name=Forums

Jane's_Addiction-

Nov 28, 2008
Best UTers that are left are on irc #ut3pugs on GR. Xellos, Boots, Elix, Mullet, Depain( will be coming back), etc, The rest don't play (stryfe, Crsy, Rythem). they just hang out.
These players will plain out stomp you. It doesn't matter what you play. They can pick up any gametype an excel at it and develop. They just play at a whole different level that unfortunetily most of you have not and will probably never experience, and that is becasue this game died long before any real competition could developed.

And yeah they don't play warfare and you know what? they don't need to.

Like antihero once said. "Stop looking at stats, and gametypes, Half a dozen teams, countless players, friends and enemies, different names, different faces, same results. Don't look further."

These men are simply your superiors.

Oh and we
we just want that server.. :D

Last edited:

Poker

Anus Retentus
Apr 17, 2006
They just play at a whole different level that unfortunetily most of you have not and will probably never experience.... And yeah they don't play warfare and you know what? they don't need to.... These men are simply your superiors.
That was a bit more rude and graceless than it had to be, but whatever, putting that aside, to an extent I'd still probably agree more than disagree with those statements ... the DM/TDM hardcores JA named (and many he didn't) are at a skill level that takes a long time and/or massive talent to achieve—if a person is not at or near that level already, while it's certainly possible to get there, it's not too likely he/she will anytime soon.

Put another way, I'd say that for someone fairly intelligent (i.e. most people), warfare skills, which are more cerebral and knowledge-based, are probably easier to "cram for" than dm/tdm, which is plenty cerebral itself but relies much more heavily on muscle memory, fine motor, etc., all of which generally have to be learned by prolonged repetition.

For this tournament thing or whatever, clans who specialize in warfare are definitely going to need to put up players with some DM chops against the whoever the puggers put up. Which I think they will ... so should be GGs :)

Jane's_Addiction-

Nov 28, 2008
Sorry if I sounded rude. I was just trying to answer the main post as to who were the best players. I just cut the bs.

But just to say a few things, I'm not dissing warfare as a game type nor the people who play it. I'm sure it takes skillz to play it. And also I was not blaming people for not playing at the same level at these people. Remember these people have been playing this game for years, they have competed in higher level competions, when they were available. UT3 simply did not generate a good competitive community to give a fair chance to new people to develop and get "pro" or at least play their maximun. So now we're stuck mostly bad payers, and mid players that own the right now and they think they are the next big thing, and really had no clue what good skills are.

Poker

Anus Retentus
Apr 17, 2006
So now we're stuck mostly bad payers, and mid players that own the right now and they think they are the next big thing, and really had no clue what good skills are.
Heh, yeah, a lot of truth in that.

I've never been all that awesome of a UT player, but I remember back during the first few months of UT3, I was playing a fair bit and even doing what might be called a bit of harmless :)rolleyes:) stat whoring. Despite all the well-known caveats inherent in the ranking system, it was still with great astonishment that I found myself hitting the top 100, 50, 20, even well into the teens until I decided it was time I better quit chasing the dragon, so to speak—however, I knew damn well that such silly numbers reflected something about the game and people playing it rather than about me. The only logical conclusion was that there were tons of truly top caliber players who just weren't playing for whatever reason; indeed, there were hundreds of names from UT2004 that I knew could have easily stepped into UT3 and wiped the floor with me.

I'd imagine it's the same for a lot of other folks too, some of whom are probably a little more willing to embrace the fairly natural delusions of grandeur that creep in. Especially in the case of some of the younger players, and those for whom UT3 is their first UT, it's true, a lot of them have no idea how good "good" really is.

JohnDoe641

Killer Fools Pro
Staff member
Nov 8, 2000
N.J.
www.zombo.com
So now we're stuck mostly bad payers, and mid players that own the right now and they think they are the next big thing, and really had no clue what good skills are.
What would you consider us? As in, you, me, i_hax, and others who are almost even in skill? Are we stuck in a stupid rut because the best aren't playing so we can't learn from them?

Status
Not open for further replies.