The best approach for creation

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Aus_gamer

Jun 5, 2004
Hey all,

I have some pretty competent max modelers who think it is better to design everything as meshes and import them into the engine, that is all the structures, all the objects everything and just have the terrain come from the engine. Is this the norm or are there a million different approaches to build a mod?

For example if we have a prison level and the player needs to escape, is it better to build the complete structure of the prison as a mesh in MAX and import it into the engine, as well as building gates, panels, crates, watch towers - the works?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

S.

ttl

Oct 22, 2003
The building's walls should probably be BSP, any terrain that the player can walk on should be terrain (you can import a height map). The rest should be static meshes/decorations.

Aus_gamer

Jun 5, 2004
BSP? what is BSP? I am sure it is something simple that will make me just slap my forehead but hey may as well ask the questions,