The best 2K3 video yet

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

DeadEyeNick

Dec 30, 2000
Yah it's some nice directing. Tihis guy knows how to make the average flak spam looks good with some camera tricks. No awesome frags, just very sweet editing to make it the most entertaining movie for ut2k3 yet.

Oct 22, 2002
Visit site
Woohoo.

:lol:

The end was the best, with all the dancing. Those guys put alot of work into that. :tup:

Ren, pm me your address again. I'll mail this to ya, you've gotta see this.

edhe

..dadhe..
Jun 12, 2000
Scotland
www.clanci.net
Fun stuff :)

tbh i thikn it's a good size for it's quality, and it's some fun stuff. It always amzes me though when people who can actually aim do resort to flak shells ;)

Admittedly though there were some good kills, but the best part of it was that it wasn't a 'EYE /2 TEH 1337' style movie and had fun instead ;)

Rev.Whoopass

Sperm Bot
Aug 5, 2000
Connecticut
Visit site
Ruprecht said:
Hey Rev, where do Jananese come from? Is it one of those southern states where the people think Canada is somewhere in Europe? :p

Jananese come from having 9 Rolling Rocks after working outside in 90+ degree heat,and having rather large "sausage fingers"

MAD Leser

Mar 31, 2003
Visit site
pretty funny movie, the best part was the messing-around °__^

-OT below this line-
btw, a lot of 2k3-movs are really fast (speed cranked up), do they do that in those videditing progs or is it ingame? B/c the only thing holding me from really playing 2k3 is that its simply too freakin slow... it's like crawling over the ground dodging things that are as fast as a bullet in matrix-slowmotion o_o (doesn't mean that my aim gets any better :p ). Tried some ini-configs but it just doesn't feel right :( - ut1 with 130+% gamespeed/100% aircontrol rocks =)
so, is there any way to do some lightspeed-getfragged-ing in 2k3 (besides slomo) like in the movies?

Thrawn70

Hang-around
Jun 11, 2002
Unknown Regions
Visit site
I'm not sure what you mean by ultra fast in the movies, but I think that could be because of the lower framerate that the image capture programs output at... kind of like how old reels seem sped up because there's larger gaps between each frame of action.

Oct 22, 2002
Visit site
MAD Leser said:
pretty funny movie, the best part was the messing-around °__^

-OT below this line-
btw, a lot of 2k3-movs are really fast (speed cranked up), do they do that in those videditing progs or is it ingame? B/c the only thing holding me from really playing 2k3 is that its simply too freakin slow... it's like crawling over the ground dodging things that are as fast as a bullet in matrix-slowmotion o_o (doesn't mean that my aim gets any better :p ). Tried some ini-configs but it just doesn't feel right :( - ut1 with 130+% gamespeed/100% aircontrol rocks =)
so, is there any way to do some lightspeed-getfragged-ing in 2k3 (besides slomo) like in the movies?

The problem you might be having is that you haven't learned the new superdodges and stuff.

Because I can assure you that this game is not slow, nobody does flat straight runs, it's all about the vector dodging.

Show up for FragBU tomorrow night or saturday and we'll give lessons. ;)

Welcome to BuF by the way.

TWD

Cute and Cuddly
Aug 2, 2000
Salt Lake City UT
members.lycos.co.uk
Yes the movies are sped up a bit. They use fraps to record all the shots and because of the framerate fraps uses etc the movies either end up being slightly too fast or too slow.

but ut2k3 is NOT slow. Granted your movement is slower than ut1's but all the weapons move faster plus the dodge moves so it ends up being a much more frantic paced game.

DeadEyeNick

Dec 30, 2000
They are using higher fov of over 100, hence some of the movies looks speed up.

Last edited by a moderator:

MAD Leser

Mar 31, 2003
Visit site
@hanover: don't worry, I know about the dodging stuff and do it myself (except walldodging, fingers not fast enough or something o_O). I wanted to join fragbu too, but I always mess up the timezone/am/pm-stuff and end up playing a botmatch <.< will try to get it right this time, and be it only for getting that freakin mapvote thingie so I can watch the demos...
thx btw, but I was lurking around the forum nonregged since 2002 I think ;)

@twd: hmmm... ok, maybe I need to play online more.. I need the movementspeed, coz I'm not too good at dodging (read: I suck ;) )

@derailer: thx, didn't try that yet :)

Last edited: