The Before Times

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Silas Mercury

May 28, 2005
Toledo Ohio
You know folks,

Sometimes I like to think back on playing Jailbreak with the lot of you and it brings me no small measure of happiness. It's been over a decade since I was active in the community, life found several ways to monkey-wrench my somewhat grandiose (and arguably delusional) plans for mapping and participating in Jailbreak matches.

With that said, is there anyone left at this point? Are there any servers that are still running?

RevBillyG

Taking over the world.
Nov 10, 1999
Yeah I miss the good old days. I missing mapping a hell of a lot too.
Got a pile of 99.9% finished maps for the unreleased UT3JB too. Such a shame it never happened :(

As for servers? To be honest it's a long time since I've even looked.

RevBillyG

Taking over the world.
Nov 10, 1999
Um... which one was that? The one with the moving background? I think it was a standard laser barrier type kill.
Actually I can’t remember. Will need to go look :)

DannyMeister

UT3 Jailbreak Coder
Dec 11, 2002
Bolivar, Missouri
Many, many fond memories of UTJB (bots and college friends) back when i was first getting into FPS games. I wasn't part of this community at the time and missed out on a lot of people. I've been missing being involved and I'm glad Bloodyboy nudged me towards the thread. I still ahve my ut3jb dev setup on this machine, it would be fun to kick the tires enough to make a silly execution or something, if nothing more than for my own enjoyment. :)

RevBillyG

Taking over the world.
Nov 10, 1999
Hey, nice to see you :)

What was the last version of ut3jb? Was it in a somewhat releasable state?

RevBillyG

Taking over the world.
Nov 10, 1999
Totally :)

But I don't think there was actually a public release...

G.Lecter

Registered Tester
Dec 31, 2004
Spain
www.oscarcrego.com
Yeah, the final version was never released to the public (although it was pretty close!), but there were a couple of previous betas available to download. I think this is the latest one that was released!
http://www.mediafire.com/file/0wze3wir7x65vml/UT3JB-Beta2.zip/file

Totally missing the modding days too! It feels like a long time ago when I had tons of free time and could test levels like crazy... Loved doing that! :D Now finding some playing time is getting harder than ever...