The Ball - Teotl Media Update - Website launched

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Hourences

Aug 29, 2000
Belgium/Holland/Sweden
www.Hourences.com
Our recruitment efforts paid off. Our team has grown with 4 members! - our team is now 13 people large.

# Jesse Moody - He will helps us out with some high detail environment models such as statues.
# Whackzero - Will be animating our enemies.
# Vaninadisc - He will be our new programmer, and he will also occasionally be helping out with the design.
# EvilEngine - He will be assisting us with the Unreal side of character creation.

We came up with a name for our team: Toltec Studios - purchased the domain name - launched the website for the mod: http://theball.toltecstudios.com/

And last but not least, we released three new screenshots:

[screenshot]http://www.nijnka.com/hourences/theball/media/theballteotl9.jpg[/screenshot]
[screenshot]http://www.nijnka.com/hourences/theball/media/theballteotl10.jpg[/screenshot]
[screenshot]http://www.nijnka.com/hourences/theball/media/theballteotl11.jpg[/screenshot]

Brand new weapon by Tores, a Gorilla by Pesti, and a screenshot of a large elevator at the end of Teotl, by Hourences.

The gorilla is a boss you will meet at the end of Teotl and it is quite large, few times larger than the player.
Both of our new levels are already about 70 percent complete and we have decided to completely redo the first half of Pehua and redo parts of Oztoc in order to bump up the overall quality of the mod and to introduce our story. We came up with a story that is based on actual myths and will explain what this ball is and why there are so many puzzles and traps deep into this volcano. Quality wise we are going to introduce enemies already in Oztoc to spread out our features a little, and we will create a few new and really cool puzzles and have those replace a few of the more generic puzzles found especially in Oztoc level 1. The original puzzles from Oztoc 1 will be moved into secret areas. In Pehua we will make the beginning of the mod much more interesting with a few large theatrical scenes and we will make the first few puzzles much more accessible. For example, you won't be required to push the ball up a ramp anymore, which is a bit too difficult so early in the mod.

The weapon, made by Tores and concepted by Pesti will replace the Impact hammer, technically turning us into a total conversion as we now got rid of all UT3 content. The wheel on the side will spin around and rapidly push the hammer and magnet at the front back and forth. The crystals in the skulls eye sockets will change color dependent on the weapon mode you are in.

TheIronKnuckle

What the hell is this "ballin" thing?
I'd hit it. :tup:

Make that your slogan :lol: You know? Get a picture of the ball and demoguy looking badass while holding that new gun of yours. Then add the caption "I'd hit it". Considering this game revolves around hitting a giant ball all over the place i think "I'd hit it" is an awesome tagline/catch-phrase/slogan.

In any case, awesome stuff! The new gun is great, and you describe how it works in a way that reveals a lot but makes me want more:
The wheel on the side will spin around and rapidly push the hammer and magnet at the front back and forth. The crystals in the skulls eye sockets will change color dependent on the weapon mode you are in.
That makes me drool, but I can't see for myself, please please please give a vid or a .gif or something so that we can see it. Or don't, you are the god of modding after all, so your decision holds the most respect.

Hourences

Aug 29, 2000
Belgium/Holland/Sweden
www.Hourences.com
Id hit it is perhaps a bit cheesy though :)

The gun isn't fully animated yet, it is better for us to wait until it is fully finished and implemented before we show it in motion. I hope to have a video for the next update, or perhaps one more batch of screenshots and then we should be ready for a vid.