"The anatomy of a school shooting" rapper shout outs colombine shooters WTF

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

[C22]-Mort

Retired but wearing the tag with pride!
Aug 18, 2003
Cornwall
www.morte.force9.co.uk
that's the problem I have with rap.....okay the lyrics are angry and anti establishment or for the most part are anti-something.....but there's no intelligence behind the lyrics they are just pandering to a pre-defined genre-audience that is as naive/immature/foul-mouthed/biggoted and full of hatred as they are!

Or are just teenagers that still get a hard-on every time they say or hear the "F"-word, just look at their target audience figures :D :D

Last edited:

chuckus

Can't stop the bum rush.
Sep 23, 2001
Visit site
there's no intelligence behind the lyrics they are just pandering to a pre-defined genre-audience that is as naive/immature/foul-mouthed/biggoted and full of hatred as they are!

Well what type of music do you listen to? (no condesending tone there just curious, I can't think of a type of music with lyrics that doesn't have some kind of angry message behind it or is just pandering to the senses or a drug induced vomiting of words that people read into way too much)

TheShiningWizard

Because it's more fantastical.
Jun 26, 2000
they are just pandering to a pre-defined genre-audience
You could easily make that argument about every single genre of music, from country to punk to Japanese Pop.

[C22]-Mort

Retired but wearing the tag with pride!
Aug 18, 2003
Cornwall
www.morte.force9.co.uk
FeelTheUniverseXXX said:
You could easily make that argument about every single genre of music, from country to punk to Japanese Pop.
Where in my post did I claim otherwise? The important part of that sentence was the last half NOT the first half! I don't really listen to "Genre" music I pick stuff that I like from every genre, but all of the bands that I like the most are bands that are hard to catagorise into ANY single genre!

I mostly listen to stuff like Crowded House, Counting Crows, Paddy Casey, Damien Rice, The Delays all of which are bands where lyrics form one of the most important parts of the music and yes it does still sometimes have an angry message at times but is about things the band themselves are angry/upset/sad about NOT pandering to a pre-concieved idea of what their audience wants! Usually most of the songs are written from and about personal experience!
chuckus said:
Well what type of music do you listen to? (no condesending tone there just curious, I can't think of a type of music with lyrics that doesn't have some kind of angry message behind it or is just pandering to the senses or a drug induced vomiting of words that people read into way too much)
As I said I don't listen to a "type" of music, my tastes range far and wide from acoustic singer/songwriters like Damien Rice/Paddy Casey to bands like The Delays and Crowded house taking in a bit of original 80's goth,(NOT the horrendous faux-PVC-goth that you get now :D) and anything inbetween!

Last edited: