Thanks, GameSpy

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Akuma

Deacon Massif
Mar 4, 2000
Visit site
yeah but you're no longer hosted by GSI are you? It doesnt make sense for them to link to ''the enemy'' on their site (I suspect the link was left there by accident rather than design)

Claw

Weird little hermit on dried frog pills
Nov 3, 2001
Visit site
You could ask them to explain in their news Yoda :lol:
GSI are such nice people after all. Or so some ppl seem to believe still.

Varpu

Novice Nali City Reviewer
May 21, 2001
Finland
furpile.com
Yep ... nothing new.

Since PU has evolved into a leech site (it has no products or services of it's own) it needs all the hits it can get.

The only thing I was wondering, why they have not replaced the link with 404 error but instead let the back-pointing confuse browsers.... stupid.

I'm pretty sure NC will start get the hits back again after the files are accessible again. The sad thing here is that when we get the links so does PU. I'm pretty sure they are ready to go instantly the moment the files appear. Just watch it ... FP will add the links in their file database very soon after the actual files are online.

I could try to arrange a little surprise for them though ... it is pretty easy to prevent access from a group of referrers ... maybe redirect them back to PU site ... however, I do not like to start this sort of war...

So sorry that Mika was way too busy and didn't have the time to set up the NC file mirror before the week-end. Hopefully we get it very early during the next week.

OO7MIKE

Mr. Sexy
May 2, 2000
Nalicity, NC
Some day i will have time to read all about the frelled up stuff that has been going on. But hey...im just glad the NC comunity is still together. :D

kiddailey

Nov 13, 2001
Visit site
And what about nalicity.com

And I used to type nalicity.com to get to the site all the time (I'm weird, I know -- why don't I bookmark it?) and that hasn't worked recently either. Any idears?

Rabid Wolf

Piano Man Ghost
Oct 26, 2001
Vienna, Austria
yeah, stoooopid question...

have you peeps submitted the new whereabouts of the site to the searchengines yet?
I know it takes quite some time for entries to make it into some of these, but I just searched for "Nali City" on google & yahoo, and didn't find anything other than the old URLs.
as of BU all they had was forums.bu.com.

Rabid Wolf

Piano Man Ghost
Oct 26, 2001
Vienna, Austria
:boom: plus if some of them look at the meta tags, I think what nc.bu.com has there couldn't exactly be called informative or helpful.

but on another issue:
what data do you admins have access to?
Should you have access to the old profiles, and should you have had sufficient time to scavenge these data, why not send a little informative email to all the registered "old" users adresses?
would that be spamming?

QAPete

Chief Muckety Muck
Aug 17, 1999
Pottstown, PA, USA
www.beyondunreal.com
Originally posted by @kuma
yeah but you're no longer hosted by GSI are you? It doesnt make sense for them to link to ''the enemy'' on their site (I suspect the link was left there by accident rather than design)

Actually, they had offered to put the forwarding link up. I really don't care much, though, that they removed it. The LameSpy stuff comes in when they didn't leave it 404, but instead 'stole' the free PU page views by misleading people back to PU's main page.

None of this will matter for very much longer, in the big scheme of things.....

Pete
-BeyondUnreal

Claw

Weird little hermit on dried frog pills
Nov 3, 2001
Visit site
I wonder if there was a simple way to alter the urls of the files... so if PU links to them, the next day their links stop working, and if they "repair" the links, the following day... it would sure annoy the uses no small bit, and direct their anger at PU obviously :D Damn I WANT AN :EVILGRIN: SMILEY!

Oh, I am such a bitch for nastiness :p

Mxtrmntr

(Formerly known as Mxtrmntr)
Nov 3, 2001
The Island of the Day Before
Visit site
Re: PU is a bunch of Triscuit heads.

Originally posted by Cat Fuzz
I just used the old URL for NC and it redirected me to NC.BU.com guess they fixed it?

Well, after I had read that comment yesterday evening (CET) I tried the same thing and I really got redirected to NC...now, after having read Pete's news post, I tried it again and I got redirected to PU again.

hmm...

tool

BuFs #1 mom
Oct 31, 2001
Up my ass
Originally posted by Yoda
If you guys havn't noticied, GSI has removed the forwarding to the new NC site from http://www.planetunreal.com/nalicity. Now it points back to PU. And as such, our hits have gone down by around a thousand a day, and alot of people probably think NC is gone...

This is unacceptable.

/me plots something evil

man, ****ing gamespy screwed over the entire unreal community. what a bunch of bastards. :mad: