1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Thanks For All The Frags...

Discussion in 'Jailbreak General' started by Zappa, Jun 21, 2003.

1. Zappa

Zappa New Member

By which the subject of this thread refers to the
    fact that I've been playing Jailbreak for a long time now.......I wanted to drop in and just "Thank You" and a big :tup: to the developement team and the mappers for giving me (and my girlfriend) so many hours of amusement - It really has been grand :D

I believe that I would have stopped playing UT a long time ago if it wasn't for JB - now I have about 70 JB maps installed - and it would be my guess that the number will just continue to grow :)

I run a 4 PC LAN here - I use one PC as a dedicated server for UT - with X-Maps installed as
    well - allowing me a fair amount of control on what we are playing - Jailbreak is almost always the most requested game type (particularly from the above mentioned girlfriend :D )

So in conclusion - thanks again to you all - playing JB and reading these forums has proved very rewarding - and I'm looking forward to doing both of these things for years to come....

Cheers!!!!

Last edited: Jun 21, 2003
  2. Trueblood

Trueblood Silly Brit

OOOOOOoooo another 'happy' mail! I know what you mean about not playing UT anymore. CTF gets very boring and death match is full of 'Aim bots' so JB is a breath of fresh air. It keeps the fun and fast pace of the game and adds a great twist of 'locking people in jail' :lol:
    Why dont you and your girlfriend pop into Sexmachines Server at the sunday lockdown? http://www.planetjailbreak.com/community/lockdown.html

3. Zappa

Zappa New Member

Trueblood - wrote at 05:39 PM

"Why dont you and your girlfriend pop into Sexmachines Server at the sunday lockdown? http://www.planetjailbreak.com/community/lockdown.html"

I thought somebody would throw that suggestion at me sometime :) .....

Yes, I am aware of the lockdowns....according to the information given - it gets underway at 7.00pm UTC - which would make it around 4.00am Adelaide time - sometimes I'm alive at that hour of the day :D .....It's however more likely that I would have crashed out by that stage.....or passed out from all of the beer :lol:

However, one day I might manage to get it all happening and join in - I have been curious I must admit.....

cheers

4. TheSpoonDog

TheSpoonDog CBP3! Yarrr!

Hmm, addicted to JB, girlfriend plays JB, has JB LANs every now and then - you sound like an australian version of Sexmachine!

5. TheSpoonDog

TheSpoonDog CBP3! Yarrr!

Hmm, I thought it was @ 9.00 UTC (GMT) ? Either way, if I get up at 8am in NZ i can join - which would mean 6 for you aussies... unless you're in queensland, or south australia or whichever one doesn't have daylight savings :p

6. Zappa

Zappa New Member

According to http://www.planetjailbreak.com/community/lockdown.html (which I thought I'd better check before writing that last message) it's 7.00pm UTC - which basically means for me - bloody early :) and yeah I'm in South Australia - no daylight saving for a few more months yet....sigh....

cheers

7. Katana

Katana Shock Whore!

It starts here in england at 8PM. I agree with you Zappa, I wouldn't still be playing UT without JB. Infact, JB is the only reason i have UT installed.

I hope JB2003 does the same for UT2003, because I stopped playing that a while ago (200 Ping).

Not to be un-original but I'd like to say thanks to the coders and mappers, and sexmachine for the great lockdown server and the always fun voice chat.

8. Alhanalem

Alhanalem Teammember on UT3JB Bangaa Bishop

Why is all the text white all of a sudden?

9. hal

hal Dictator Staff Member

cuz it's sexxaaaay! ;)

fixed

10. Mulch_D

Mulch_D Noxious Weed

Ahh aanother Assie, I feel at home. Zappa try 6:00am there are generaly still some people on at that time.

11. Zappa

Zappa New Member

Hi Mulch,

Thanks for your reply - your a lot closer to me geographically than some of the other folk thats for sure :)

I'm going to try and survive till the lockdown starts - drink lots of black coffee and see how I'm feeling by 4.30am :D

Maybe catch you there.

12. Trueblood

Trueblood Silly Brit

Hehehe oooh boy, lockdown at 4am ?! madness ! Lucky for me i have the option of coming early (which i always do)
    How good are you by the way? do you know the alternate escapes and any tricks up your sleave? [​IMG]

13. Zappa

Zappa New Member

Lots of black coffee helps :D

I'm OK - I'm no grand master :lol: I usually have the bots set at either
    Skilled or Adept - So really, I'm only average - I'd guess that the Sexmachine server is setup a lot differently to how I would normally play the game (I just love low gravity for instance) - and I run some of the relics and the DE mod.

Escapses - yes I know of some (JB-Mafia,MilitiaThunder,MutinyIII.....) and probably some of others - but I'd be the first to admit that I haven't got them all - JB-Rainmaker for instance (one of my favourites) has something going on - I know about the button "Open <color> Jump Shaft" - and I remember getting splattered one time when the floor suddenly shot upwards - but escaping? Obviously I've still got some learning to do. Which is one good reason for joining the lockdown.

Tricks - try not to die? :lol: Seriously however I'll just be doing my best - I'll probably play defensively - whatever seems best at the time - how bad the lag is will undoudbtly effect my tactics.....

Anyway enough of my raving ....time to grab another coffee :)

Later

14. Alhanalem

Alhanalem Teammember on UT3JB Bangaa Bishop

Go by what the lockdown counter says to be safe. also remember that people are playing on that for quite a few hours after that, so you dont need to be there right when it starts :)

15. CoolDude

CoolDude New Member

So Zappa, how was playing like at 4am in the morning?
    I noticed you had a ping of over 500 ...
    :cool:

16. Zappa

Zappa New Member

:lol: I'm still laughing !!

Yeah it was fine - it went down just as expected - mega-lag, high death rate for myself and a couple of lucky fluke kills - My apologies to the folk who got in the way of my randomly fired rockets :lol:

I played in 3 maps and lost contact with the server twice - then I was a spectator for JB-Construction and just watched the fireworks :)

And then I played some JB with the girlfriend to sometime after dawn (no ping of 500 + that way)

And in the end?

I had fun - and that is exactly what JB and this community encourages - so for me it was a success - what more could a crazy, caffeine high, Australian gamer want at 5.00am :)

cheers!

17. Mulch_D

Mulch_D Noxious Weed

Glad to see you enjoyed it, sounds like my first game.
    I will start playing again in a week, I've been a bit busy with RL latly.

18. Riz

Riz New Member

/me waves Hi! :wavey:

big thanks to Sexmachine for keeping up ownage server

:)

19. Mulch_D

Mulch_D Noxious Weed

:wavey:
    /me waves back