UE2 - UT2kX Textures wont scale below .27

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

faded_memories

Mar 4, 2010
St. Joseph, MO
Textures wont scale below .27 (Screwed up in editor, but okay In-Game)

Hi.

I have been messing with UEd again for a few weeks now and have been using it to mock-up my new workplace. (Designing a new Fun Center with games and food etc.)

I started over a few days ago to get things better lined up and more properly scaled and it had been going pretty good, with mistakes I made over the past couple of weeks resulting in me doing a much better job this time around.

All of a sudden I have run into problems with my textures. They look fine at 1.0 or .5, but once I try to scale at .25 or below they suddenly get all stretched out and you can't see them.

If I change the view angles in the overhead POV the lines shift, and sometimes I see perpendicular lines. It kind of looks like the HOM errors from in game, but not quite. (And this in in the editor.)

It is driving me crazy and I don't want to do any more building until I can straighten it out.

The texture with the vertical lines is the same as in the rooms on either side of it, but starts looking like that below .27 or so on the scaling.

ued_sceenshot.jpg

Thanks!

-eric

Last edited:

faded_memories

Mar 4, 2010
St. Joseph, MO
Those options didn't even ring a bell for me. Hadn't seen them before. I found them a sec ago by right clicking on a texture in the texture browser, but I had NEVER messed with those settings before.

It is ALL of my textures doing this as well. Not like I somehow accidentally screwed up one or two.

Just to check, I am going to randomly pick a texture from a package I have not used and try it.....

.5, OK
1.0, OK
.25, I see a few repeats of the correct image, but mostly the lines again. Weird and frustrating.

While I'm thinking about it, I am going to play test to see what the problem texture(s) look like in-game....

And it looks FINE! WTF?

Fat lot of good it does me since I can't see what I'm doing to line things up properly. At least that narrows it down. It is something in the editor viewer...

Is there something that could be corrupted that I can reset?

faded_memories

Mar 4, 2010
St. Joseph, MO
I have dug deeper and have some details that hopefully will help someone here determine what the problem is.

I picked a map at random from the included files and played around with textures. Everything looked fine -> not a general editor viewing problem.

My map I am working on is a continuation. I started another void. (So I could easily drag over elements that I had already finished.)

In my 'earlier' work areas, the textures do not show this behavior, and not all surfaces in my new work do it. It mainly seems to be a problem with the floors within my new workspace.

Could it be related to portals? I am working on a large box "building" and I had clicked on "Invisible" for the texture on the roof so I could see the work from above. The next time I opened the file I could not see through it anymore, and I started messing with all of the surface properties and finally got it see through again with "portal". It seems like this is about when I noticed the problem, but it could be a coincidence. (I was using basic color textures for quite a while, and obviously I wouldn't have needed to resize solid color textures for detail.)

But basically I've noticed that the problem is only present in the newer parts of the map. (And it is NOT the textures. I can select any random one and get the same glitch in the same place.) Is there some setting I could have accidentally implemented which could be causing this problem?