1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Texas bank

Discussion in 'Infiltration Development' started by Clutch, Mar 15, 2006.

1. Clutch

Clutch New Member

actually yes. relighting it will change that, even without changes in geometry. i had a few bsp errors already without changing anything.

2. ant75

ant75 aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Modifying lights and then rebuilding lightning only will not change anything to the bsp. The worst that can happen is lightning bugs (usually due to a faulty bsp) but it will not affect the bsp itself.

3. Clutch

Clutch New Member

well, i didnt imagine the bsp errors.

4. geogob

geogob Koohii o nomimasu ka?

Of course not. That was not the point. If you say you are having BSP errors, no one doupts that. But you shouldn't have BSP errors when changing the lighting *only*. So, this *may* indicate you are doing something wrong. That was the original idea in my post.

How do you recompile the level? Can you post a log of the errors?

5. Clutch

Clutch New Member

lol... this is going to be difficult. when i first started looking at the geometry of this map, i knew it was going to be tough. i have to try to add light fixtures in for realism, but when i tried it gave me a bsp error and crashed ued. honestly, i think i am better off rebuilding the map ( :( oh gosh ). the sloppy geometry is giving me a hard time. i'm not sure if i can finish this without heavy bugs and errors. im thinking this isnt going to be worth my time.

6. Clutch

Clutch New Member

i had a major error and ued stopped working and i decided to just do the long awaited ut reinstall. i dont think i am going to go on with this. i dont feel like having to reinstall again.

7. Lethal Dosage

Lethal Dosage Serial Rapis...uh, Thread Killer

Go on with it! Hell, most DS maps are a mess too, peacemaker included. I've had to rebuild or "adjust" whole areas to make something work without BSP errors.

Just keep going, and i guarantee you will be pleased with the final product.

8. Clutch

Clutch New Member

sorry, i had to reinstall because the map screwed up my unreal edititor. i lost all of my maps but a few that i remembered to save. i got rid of infiltration before i remembered to get the maps out. i also lost my texture packages. i had one that was texas bank fixed textures, and it was lost as well. i have decide to start working on a pretty big, but not too big, airport map. i may pick up this project later, but if i do, i will do a lot more to it that just doors and lighting. i'll fix all the geometry and stuff

until then, this project is done :(

9. Lethal Dosage

Lethal Dosage Serial Rapis...uh, Thread Killer

Sad to hear! Well i hope you go well with the airport map, maybe EAS?

We need more EAS maps, and we definatley need more Airport maps!

10. Clutch

Clutch New Member

no, not eas... maybe later... right now i am working on a map that is going to have a night and day version. it's going to be like a big house and have snow on the ground outside an stuff.

11. cracwhore

cracwhore I'm a video game review site...

Cool. You mean, like this one?

Although, I can't remember if there's a daytime version of it somewhere...

edit: Whoops, no snow. My bad. Still, it's a 'big house' TDM map.

Last edited: Apr 8, 2006
  12. geogob

Some inspiration:
    http://combatmaps.planet-multiplayer.de/?site=dl&id=324
    DM-INF-IBEX_HRT_ Facility[v2] made by silver_ibex and redone by antkilla has houses, snow and stuff.

http://combatmaps.planet-multiplayer.de/?site=dl&id=213
    BigClapper2 has a big house, but could use some snow and a frozen pool. That would add something new to the thousands TDM maps.
    or it's first version
    http://realmaps.beyondunreal.com/review.php?revid=11

http://combatmaps.planet-multiplayer.de/?site=dl&id=283
    CanyonCondo Has big houses and is in a mountain canyon. I love that one.

Did i mention this one?
    http://realmaps.beyondunreal.com/review.php?revid=9
    DM-Barnyard by Aahz

DM-HuntingCabin is a really good TDM map with excellent use of a house.
    http://realmaps.beyondunreal.com/review.php?revid=134

Just look a around, there are a lot of maps like that, so I'm sure you can find tons of inspiration. Good luck :)

13. cracwhore

Yeah! IBEX. That's the 'houses, snow and stuff' map I was thinking about. Thanks for the correction.

Also, can't forget this gem!

Excellent example of 'stuff on snow' and 'snow on stuff' around the perimeter of a house.

14. geogob

Classic. Angelheart is teh king.

EDIT: ah this map. Must be the best snow-house TDM map I played. I wish Angelheart would still be making for INF, like EAS maps.

15. cracwhore

Personally, I wish he'd just come back to make night and day versions of that quintessential 'house with snow and stuff' TDM map.

16. {GD}Odie3

{GD}Odie3 You Give Odie a Boner

Wow, missed this thread completely! For the record, I did get the okay to change TexasBank ][ from the guy who change TexasBank [made it bigger].

And for the record - if Clutch wanted to change my edited TB ][ [or anyone else for that matter] - I could care less. I really did not "make" a thing just changed stuff around. That is not making anything - that is hacking IMO, so I do not deserve to be contacted.

To bad your not finishing fixing the first TB, since it is fun to play [but I also like to play the bigger one too]. In TB ][ I fixed the doors, put in Inf Foot Sounds, ID locations, and some texure changes/additions. God it took me forever to do those smiple things - but I am no mapper that is for sure!

17. Clutch

Clutch New Member

my map is like a medium sized map. it is like a rich persons house. it will have 2 levels and the attic. then there will be a smaller but still 2 story guest house.

some things the map will have according to plans:

main house:
    indoor pool room
    all rooms accesible
    fully furnished to look good
    breakable glass
    some lights that you can turn on and off
    garage
    pretty thin walls (can be shot through)

guest house:
    most rooms accessible
    small balcony on 2nd floor

outside:
    i will put a few plants
    snow, of course
    drive way to garage

sky night:
    stars
    dark clouds
    moon

sky day:
    sun
    clouds

sounds:
    good sounds that fit the map
    no police or gunshot sounds
    no animal sounds (annoying)
    faint wind sounds

other:
    if you shoot in the sky your bullets will be destroyed before hitting the edge of the map to make it look like the map goes on forever. fragments from grenades will also be destroyed. good texture usage, i promise.

i hate maps with houses that have nothing in them (furniture). should i do the bot pathing? i've never done it before on my maps and i really dont like doing it. it takes a while. :\

18. geogob

Plants and snow usually don't cohabit well.

19. Clutch

Clutch New Member

i said a few, an who sais they will be alive? trees stay alive.

20. geogob

:p
    You first argue that your plants won't be alive and then add the trees stay alive. You are hard to follow ;)

But it's funny you say that. One of my friend from Brasil, the first time she was here during the fall, made the following remark: "Why are all the trees dying?".

Nothing looks more like a dead tree then a tree during the winter (where there is snow during the winter anyways).