Terrain like THIS just around the corner...!!!

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Omega

Dec 19, 1999
Terrain4large.jpg

coming soon in a UT patch!!

You're male by birth, but a man by choice.

farrp

Nov 25, 1999
Visit site
Are you sure that it's not for Unreal2, instead of a patch for UT?? If it's for U2, it will be a LONG time before we see it.

Catalyst

science begets death
Jul 18, 1999
CA, USA
The trees still look kind of cookie-cutter style, but they are using some alpha blending tricks that is part of the U2 engine revision that you can't pull off in UT.

<FONT SIZE=2 color="#A5AA56">Catalyst</FONT><FONT SIZE=1 color="#A5AA56">
Infiltration Public Correspondent</FONT>

Stone

May 22, 2000
Visit site
nop

his sint for ut and probably not for a patch but instead is just an advanced unreal engine as a demo to developers who want to use it. thats not to say u2 wont use it though but the the maps are made by epic.and i think i read somewhere that it is or will be possible with ut in the near future

Bladestorm

Mar 20, 2000
UK
www.bladestorm.vispa.co.uk
nope it will be for UT

epic are saying that the new T&L support, outdoor engine and 5x model and level detail will all make it into the UT:game of the year edition (though they havent said exactly when that will be yet..) /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

LightningCount

Sep 23, 2000
So surely if that happens then people the but the GOTY version wont be able to play online with people using the present UT coz the engine will be different and so will all the levels and stuff?
Hmmmm....Methinks they will not do that coz it will be just like making a whole new game rather than just releasing the same game but with some new features and some of the more *special* mods

Bladestorm

Mar 20, 2000
UK
the feature is at:
http://www.dailyradar.com/features/game_feature_page_1444_1.html

it seems to say that at least the terrain engine will be going in the UT:gotye and that the features are all compatible with UT and even unreal (though i doubt they'l bother implementing it in that) the support for hardware T&L is also surely to make it in to UT (after all Unreal2 will be a single player game..) and there sample player model is in the UT mould

Bladestorm

Mar 20, 2000
UK
we may get all of it , we may get some of it, no-one can be sure.

But by the time the game of the year edition comes out UT will be 14 months old and i cant see epic not updating it seriously, the game of the year edition is an expansion pack as much as anything as far as i know - after all q3a already has T&L and better long-distance support and now its getting about 5/6 new game modes etc... (so it would beat UT statistically speaking)