1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Teen Goes on Axe Rampage After Losing Game

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Ignotium, Oct 27, 2009.

1. Benfica

Benfica European Redneck

ffs, how the hell there wasn't an early diagnosis?

2. Grobut

Grobut Комиссар Гробут

Well yes and no, it's certainly true that the stories that will make the news are the rare cases where something goes badly wrong, absolutely, but it's not true that people don't fear the harmless ones, they definately do, mental illness is still very Taboo, and is still something most people just don't know enough about, and people fear the unknown and people who are different.

3. Jackal

Jackal Crapass

I don't fear them, I just don't like them.

4. g4nd41ph

g4nd41ph New Member

Oh I wouldn't argue with that, because that'd be self defence or defence of another person and completely justified, though unlikely, as this happened in the UK (this is one of the main reasons why I'd like to see CCW in my country).
    But what you were talking about was shooting the guy, after he killed the old lady and was taken into custody (or perhaps you mean the police should've killed him on the spot, I don't know).

You want him to be punished for the sympthoms of his illness and imply he's just stupid.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 28, 2009
  5. Jackal

Jackal Crapass

Stupidity is already thriving in our society.

6. GRAF1K

GRAF1K ****** Kamikaze

Keep these coming; I love quoting them.

Go back and read what you said before:

But on a more relevant note, it doesn't matter why he's an axe murderer; he still is one. Whether he's an axe murderer because of illness or video games or pistachios doesn't make a damn bit of difference. Read that a few times, because I suspect this will be my last reply to you -- except perhaps to make reference to this delicious quote:

Beautiful.

A valid concern. However, when I see a raving bloody lunatic running at an old lady with an axe, call me clairvoyant but I've already begun to suspect that granny-pwnage is imminent. So yes, I would shoot him prior to verifying that she was in fact chopped in half. Feel free to judge me.

Last edited: Oct 29, 2009
  7. g4nd41ph

g4nd41ph New Member

Behold, the core of our disagreement! I believe that, should his illness be the cause of his actions, which is strongly implied in the article, he should be helped, not be punished to the fullest extent of the law and that he certainly doesn't deserve the death penalty.
    Now he might be charged for the fact that he consumed large amounts of alcohol, even though he knew he was a bad drunk and a schizo, but I don't know how viable that'd be.

Also, you could've made it more clear that you wanted him to be shot on the way of committing the crime, which (sadly) is unrealistic as it happened in the UK, not in the USA.
    Your first post about shooting stupid people made it look like you wanted him to be shot after he axed the granny, as punishment for his actions and to prevent stupidiy from thriving even more.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 29, 2009
  8. Jacks:Revenge

Jacks:Revenge ╠╣E╚╚O

Jackal should know, too.

he tried to keep my stupidity in check this week... to no avail :D

9. GRAF1K

GRAF1K ****** Kamikaze

You're assuming that killing a schizophrenic is mean because they're not to blame for their actions. Of course they are. Who else is to blame? Aliens? Al Gore? Jesus? Perhaps we should act like we can blame an illness, when in fact schizophrenia is just a term used to describe the problem that the person himself has; it's his personal brand of stupid. Go ahead, "help" the axe murderer, but you get to live next door to him afterward. Whatever the reason for his nonfunctional brain, he's proven that it definitely results in dead grannies. So shoot him and end the stupid.

And stop posting or line up behind him.

Last edited: May 13, 2010
  10. Benfica

Benfica European Redneck

Hmm... you're defending death penalty after all, aren't you?

11. shadow_dragon

shadow_dragon is ironing his panties!

You'd need precrime because this is england and you wouldn't be allowed the gun! :p

12. GRAF1K

GRAF1K ****** Kamikaze

True. I grew up in an area where gang shootouts and such were commonplace and I own two guns personally, so it's difficult for me to keep in mind the situation across the pond.

Benfica, you made me rethink things. On the one hand it seems irresponsible to let him live, but on the other it would seem senseless to shoot a man who is likely minding his own business right now (and may feel remorse). Not that I would object if someone else was moved to do it.

I suppose personally I would just keep an eye out and a gun handy.

Oh, and dyla... whatever your name is, don't act like this constitutes a win for you, because your arguments are still stupid as fuck.

13. Vitamin-Carrot

Vitamin-Carrot If

I can honestly say that I have no idea what this entire thread is about

Muffins anyone?

Nom Nom Nom

14. M.A.D.X.W

M.A.D.X.W Active Member

Yeah I'm not sure what these people are arguing about.
    What color should I make the LEDs on my G9? :(

15. Vitamin-Carrot

Vitamin-Carrot If

erm ....

black

MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

16. GRAF1K

GRAF1K ****** Kamikaze

I want muffins. :)

17. Vitamin-Carrot

Vitamin-Carrot If

oh i sorry i ated them ... i fell like i am a fatty mcfatfat after eating four muffins all by my lonesome

18. GRAF1K

GRAF1K ****** Kamikaze

But you said you would share. :(

19. Vitamin-Carrot

Vitamin-Carrot If

i lied and i had myself a nice hot chocolate to wash em down ....

thems is good eatin

20. Grobut

Grobut Комиссар Гробут

I think we need to shoot GRAF1K, he seems to have a deminished capacity for empathy and reason, and lots of bottled up anger, how can we trust him? this is his personal brand of stupid and i don't think we should let it spread, who knows what that could lead to.

Has anyone seen my SKS rifle? it's around here somewhere..