UE3 - UDK Team bots spawning in wrong spawns

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Dainslaif

That Guy
Aug 23, 2011
Austin, TX
I'm working on a TeamGame map that has 2 clusters of spawn points - they're both Team Index 0, one of them is team number 0, the other is team number 1. When I test the map in UDK and use the addredbots addbluebots commands, they usually spawn correctly, but sometimes randomly spawn on the wrong team's side. It will still do this even if I add the bots one by one or when they respawn after getting killed. It seems to only be the bots though - I've blown myself up repeatedly and I always spawn in the red side.

Any ideas?

Dainslaif

That Guy
Aug 23, 2011
Austin, TX
Ahh! That explains it!

I checked the CTF script and was able to get around it by defining a custom game script that extends from team deathmatch but includes the line 'bSpawnInTeamArea=true', and it works perfectly.

Thanks for the tip!