1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

tape > wav > mp3?

Discussion in 'Other Stuff' started by dead clown, Jan 25, 2002.

1. dead clown

dead clown self-righteous ****0r

i just figured out how to hook my stereo up so i can record wavs from it onto my PC, now i need some software that'll let me make lengthy MP3s on the fly so i can preserve my old live/mixtapes without any breaks. anyone know an app that'll do that?

2. QUALTHWAR

QUALTHWAR Baitshop opening soon.

3. QUALTHWAR

QUALTHWAR Baitshop opening soon.

....but thanks for askin'

4. SpiritWalker

SpiritWalker Guest

try here http://geek-directory.com/ no promises.. but if there isn't a direct link.. then there will be a link to a link..
    tell me if you like the site

5. Balton

Balton The Beast of Worship

an simple converter? search for something like this over morpheus. if you cant find one I will look on my hdd for you!

6. OO7MIKE

OO7MIKE Mr. Sexy

Virtual dub will let you do it. ( but you have will have to do some work to get it the way you want it )
    Its used to video capture, but it will do just fine for this case. Simply choose for it to compress the video like at max. perferably divX. Then choose an mp3 format of your audio format choice.
    After your done recording simply export "wave" Its not really a wave but it will export the sound in the format that it was recorded in. You will have your mp3.
    Down side to this is that fast mp3 encoding isnt quite as good as recording it straight to wav and later making it into an mp3. It will have way better quality regaurdless of the bit rate you choose.

Cool Edit 2000 is excellent for doing this. Cool edit is not free but you can use it for 22 days. Its about $60 ( i think..but well worth it)

Virtual dub is free and the guy who created it keep it updated and is always adding new features. I have found his program to do more than editing programs that cost hundreds of $. You can always pull something funky off with it that you can with other programs. Lots of features...so dont think it was made by AOL.

7. dead clown

dead clown self-righteous ****0r

i'll try that, thanks for the help.