1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Take control of bots!

Discussion in 'New Version Suggestions' started by UraniumRabbit, Aug 21, 2001.

1. UraniumRabbit

UraniumRabbit New Member

Hi,

I don't know if anyone has suggested this, but it would be great if a dead player (ghost) could take control of any living bot soldier. That would make bot play more interesting and not force players to sit around if only bots are left (and you don't want to have to vote to reset). Perhaps if a ghost is viewing from a bot's perspective they could hit USE key to possess the body.

2. ecale3

ecale3 Sniper - May be harmful to your health.

don't get killed so fast and there won't be a problem.
    j\k but really i like it the way it is.

3. das_ben

das_ben Concerned.

unrealistic

4. I think you are just to lazy to just vote reset.....

5. c+k|nEVeRmOre

c+k|nEVeRmOre ~A.K.A. wesley_sniper~

hmmm...isn't having the bot play by itself just as unrealistic? Honestly, it does not sound like a bad Idea to me.

6. JamesT

JamesT sniper apprentice

For offline single player game, I think this a good idea.

Better than reset the round.

7. Khutan

Khutan Always in a vicious circle....

I was thinking about doing a little mutator for this (in a few weeks time - I've got a Uni project to fail first :D) complete with your view rising up out of your corpse and zooming across the map into the body of a comrade bot (kind of like messiah). I use Captain Pathetico's Impatience mutator with all of my offline playing (Why would I want to sit around and wait for the bots?) so I thought this would be a nifty upgrade to that...(offline only obviously) dunno how difficult it would be, I haven't really thought about it that much yet ;)

8. Ok , thought I through it ,its really a good idea....

9. Keganator

Keganator White as Snow Moderator

woah!

Yeah, that would be cool for offline play.