1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Switching Seats

Discussion in 'Unreal Tournament 2003/2004' started by dub, Mar 29, 2004.

1. dub

dub

I know this is a fairly n00bish question...

I can't switch seats in vehicles... I read somewhere that '1','2' and '3' switch you around in the seats... but I've long edited my keys, so that doesnt work for me.. any ideas?

2. Mulch_D

Mulch_D Noxious Weed

It's your weapons, 1 (driver) is sheild gun, 2 (1st gunner) is assault rifle, and 3 (2nd gunner) is bio irfle/mine layer. Hope that helps ;)

3. dub

dub

ya, that was about it :)

4. pine

pine Official Photography Thread Appreciator

ohhhh that's why my buttons don't work anymore. I reassigned all those weapons. :lol: That kind of sucks for me because I don't really need the assault rifle bound to anything and I use all my other keys for more important stuff.

5. SuperGoop

SuperGoop New Member

When I am in the Tank all by myself, will I be able to switch from the cannon to the machine-gun when those pesky Rapters shows up?

I will try it when I get home tonight, but in the meantime, does anyone know?

6. Thanatos45

Thanatos45 Frag-tastic

Yep, you can switch seats in every vehicle with multiple seats if you're alone in it.

7. Nemephosis

Nemephosis Earning my Infrequent Flier miles

You can switch seats with bots, it will force them into the seat you were in. You can not force a switch with humans. Wait till they get out first.

8. SU3000

SU3000 Bringer of Fear and 0wnage

You have a need for it now :)

9. -AEnubis-

-AEnubis- fps greater than star

Yea, and you can't use "Getweapon", you have to use SwitchWeapon, or PipedSwitchWeapon, and the appropriate number.

10. TWD

TWD Cute and Cuddly

When your setting up your keys in the menu it has the numbers bound to the weapons as the primary configuration. In order to still use the number keys bind your weapon binds in the menu as secondary. That way it doesn't mess up the number scheme.

11. Sir_Brizz

Sir_Brizz Administrator Staff Member

and it's not assault rifle either. I don't have AR bound and I can get into any seat with my weapon binds.

12. Hanover_Fist

Hanover_Fist Hero

very good info :tup:

And PCB, no assault?

But the grenades are so friggen powerful, I get a least a couple of kills every map with them.

13. MÆST

MÆST Active Member

They really should make it so you can bind seat switching to anything. Like have a whole new command i.e. SwitchSeat 1, SwitchSeat2, SwitchSeat3. And as default your ini would look like:

1=SwitchWeapon 1 | SwitchSeat 1
    2=SwitchWeapon 2 | SwitchSeat 2
    3=SwitchWeapon 3 | SwitchSeat 3

That way, you could easily edit the ini and bind the switch seat commands to any of your weapon binds. For example, I would do:

NumPad0=SwitchWeapon 9 | SwitchSeat 1
    NumPad1=SwitchWeapon 4 | SwitchSeat 2
    NumPad4=SwitchWeapon 7 | SwitchSeat 3

I don't have assualt or shield gun bound because it takes no time to switch to xloc then mousewheel. And by using the arrow keys for movement, the stretch up to 1, 2, and 3 is quite a reach even if you did as TWD mentioned and used the 2nd column for you binds.

Last edited: Mar 29, 2004
  14. pine

pine Official Photography Thread Appreciator

Assault rifle is almost worthless; the grenades are OK but if I have any other weapon I'd rather use it. The only time I use assault is if the only other gun I have is an LG and I get a body shot, then I use the mousewheel to get out the AR and primary them to death. ;)

Watching demos of the 'pros' though, they sometimes spam grenades in very specific circumstances.... like up into the amp area on Compressed. Perhaps I should re-bind it.

15. hyrulian

hyrulian Rainbow Brite

"Strategic spam" ;)

16. Symbolikal

Symbolikal Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

It's possible! I am a n00b no more!