sure we have weapons...

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Clutch

Dec 15, 2005
...but what we need is better maps. there are far too many crappy and ugly maps out there. there is no need to have unreal tournament maps in infiltration. i am posting this to find out how many inf mappers are still out there and who wants to help make new, realistic maps. i dont know if we should have like a mapping team or something to get us going but i do want to be able to send fellow mappers my work so they can help edit and correct things as well as share ideas. realistic games need realistic maps, right? we can, "copy", if you will, the main theme of certain maps and just make them more realistic. this would work for maps such as norwich.

the new weapons and devices made by the Inf Mod Team are great :sniper: but there are no new maps coming out so the enjoyment remains limited. if you used to make maps and would still like to make maps but something is getting in the way then i would be glad to help out. if you have ideas for maps just post them and i'll consider them and try to make the best out of the ideas. i hope someone will help out though... i'd hate to have to make all the maps myself. :llama:

so if anyone wants to help, just say something. if you need ideas for your maps and would like to have some others oppinions, me and who ever would like to help can offer you that. i made a section on the -[TAC]- forums for mapping and if you'd like to help just click my sig and register. if we decide to make a mapping team or something then i'll update the board but for now just go there to get help or advice.

i also made sections for coding and websites/servers. so, i would love to have people join and get any help they need whether it be mapping, coding, or setting up a server or web site.

(off topic: also, if you want a section for your clan on the -[TAC]- forum then just ask, i'd be happy to set something up. also, anyone and everyone who still plays infiltration is welcome. just dont join if you have no intentions of playing again. :p i want to expand the forum and maybe make it a universal forum for clans, just... only in english. i dont know any other languages exept for a small amount of spanish.. but that's okay, i have having to use crappy translators of boards like fool. :D)

back on topic... please consider helping. new maps are very much needed. im sure they will not be as wanted as the IMT WPs but if you have been playing the same old boring maps online then you know what i am talking about. new maps are a considerably high priority, help out... or suffer.. the same old maps.

Note: i posted way too much.... i bet i repeated myself alot... but at 1:30 in the morning, it doesnt bother me too much... :eek: *yawn* ZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzz.... :y5: :zzz:

Last edited:
Apr 21, 2003
Europe
After playing the IGI games I want more atmospheric maps. Like a mission in the mountains with snow falling. A mission somewhere in the eastern europe region, with a cloudy grey weather, rain and thunders in the distance.

Kosove day/night is one of my favorites, barely played.

theRoadStroker

A Dickcheese Faggot
May 28, 2005
there is a map with mountains and falling snow already dont remember the name oh yea it also got rocks falling too :p

keihaswarrior

Jan 7, 2003
Seattle
keihaswarrior.home.icq
theRoadStroker said:
there is a map with mountains and falling snow already dont remember the name oh yea it also got rocks falling too :p
DM-INF-Andes made by The One

Infiltration has tons of great realistic looking maps.

The Problem is:
A) They are too complex/have to many movers so most servers can't run them well.
B) They are just DM, they don't have an EAS version
C) Most players play TDM these days on tiny ass little maps so they ignore 95% of the INF maps that are out there.

BTH

Dickcheese Faggot
Nov 12, 2005
Spain
i'd love to play some official maps i'd never had the chance to play if not with bots. Probably because they were played far too much when 2.9 had just come out or because of what KW says theyre too complex to be run in most servers

sir_edmond

In my own world
Aug 12, 2003
Boston
Visit site
the only maps that were released with 2.9 are the crappy eas maps. There are a few exeptions, but the majority of the maps are really crappy. All the other official maps are pre 2.9

So when are we meeting on the GD EAS server to play some of the official maps?

Clutch

Dec 15, 2005
all i know is that i am really good at realism in maps. i may do mapping tutorials in the future. i just want to know if there are any mappers out there who can make good, realistic, and not too complex maps other than me. if so, i could use your help and probably help you out as well. we could even make a community map of sorts. i am REALLY good at the sky and sound, im reading up on some lighting effects and stuff to improve lighting, and i can make pretty good looking complex shapes (couches, tvs, lamps, blah blah blah).

what i need to make maps is ideas. i dont know what everyone wants. if someone can give me ideas then i do better. like, one time, i was helping in a community map and it had a christmas theme. i made my part in around 1-2 hrs. if i dont have ideas already planned out, it takes 3-6 months.... :y5:

loooong time. so help me out, use your thinkers, i need ideas.

AlmostAlive

Jun 12, 2001
Norway
Visit site
siredmond said:
the only maps that were released with 2.9 are the crappy eas maps. There are a few exeptions, but the majority of the maps are really crappy. All the other official maps are pre 2.9

So when are we meeting on the GD EAS server to play some of the official maps?

I really don't understand what you are talking about. Crappy EAS maps? I'd say the majority of the EAS maps released with 2.9 are outstanding, given the limitations of the engine. Yes, there are a few maps from the TBT map pack that never should have seen the light of day, but a small handful of very good mappers busted their butt to fix and make them playable in time for the release.

In a thread calling out for mappers, do you think it's wise to tell 95% of the mappers in this community that their maps suck?

keihaswarrior

Jan 7, 2003
Seattle
keihaswarrior.home.icq
BY FAR the best INF maps are EAS maps from the official release.

BorderTown, Iraq, Tuscany, Mostar, Peublo, Bocage, Skopje_EX, ChemicalThreat, Silo are all outstanding.

Other maps are very nice looking but a bit small and TDM-ish for my taste like:
Atoll, Refinery, Ruin, Stalingrad

Some maps look great but have some gameplay/flow/spawn issues:
Frozen, Dullrocks][, Raid, PankisiGorge

I think mappers should make an effort to go back and edit some of the official maps to make them better for online play. Good maps that could be GREAT maps if someone worked on them a bit:
BorderTown, Belfast, Silo, PankisiGorge, DS-Hotzone, DS-RockyDesert

These maps are the best looking, most realistic maps to ever grace the UT engine. Just be thankful you don't have to play DE Dust over and over and over...

Lethal Dosage

Serial Rapis...uh, Thread Killer
:lol: at the CS referance there.

What changes do you want made to Belfast? I rather like the map, but i couldn't find much worth the effort.

However i don't agree with Stalingrad, Sure it doesn't fit the "Modern" combat criteria, but its bloody fun. Although it could use another objective

- Lich -

Jul 1, 2004
The best maps we have are by far the EAS maps build by sentry or build by others. The problem is just that most players like tdm, and playing TDM on mostar wont be that much fun specially with the last i**** camping in a dark corner.

Belfast. Maybe same problem as bordertown? Too many movers, so laggy online. Maybe at least one more exit for the offense/a room to cover the exits from inside the spawn area.

What might be nice if someone with some ideas for realistic mission objectives and a at least basic knowledge on the use of random key movers could go and make some realistic objectives (no cap the cd) on existing maps. Though i fear this might be hard to impossible because there are often not too mny nice spots for objectives on the map. Maybe we could just add some objective ideas here and ppl might then like it and want to start mapping.
One thing about these objects...I would rather like *simple* objects so we could have EAS without respawns...

Vega-don

arreté pour detention de tomate prohibée
Mar 17, 2003
Paris suburbs
Visit site
i disagree, the EAS maps are not the best. they are very good, some are outstanding but the custom maps add something new to the gameplay. the EAS maps are thought with gameplay in mind, so they are "gameplay friendly" and balanced.

the custom maps from 2.86 era and 2.9 can be unballanced ,or harder, and more challenging.

so both have their quality

Clutch

Dec 15, 2005
new objectives that dont take a half an hour to do would make me and others like me like eas a little better. what about a king of the hill type objective. i know there is that secure thing but i am not sure that that is what i am talking about.

for example: You are playing on a map and your first objective is to storm a house and take it over. meanwhile, the defenders are supposed to guard that house. they will be waiting close by and in the house. you have to eliminate the people in the objective area before you begin to take that area. as soon as the timer goes down, your objective is complete and you can move on. that is probably exactly what the secure thing is though..

is there an objective that can be triggered by anything? if so, i know exactly what to do. if you can do this, then objectives will get way more fun. you can destroy communications, radio in back up, press a button that activates something, lol, destroy anything really (blue prints, weapons, etc.), and many other things.

Logan6

TC Vet
Dec 23, 2003
Half an hour is what EAS is all about. Thats why TDMer's don't like it. EAS is about strategy and tactics. Thinking out what your doing, not just plunging in spraying away. Thats why the EAS maps aren't any good unless you have a lot of good players who know what they are doing. Its been a while, but I can remember some very good EAS games that went on for at least 20 minutes. Those were the best.

But yes, INF does need some better maps. Being able to climb over small walls and objects such as crates (ala TrueCombat) would make the game much more realistic.

Clutch

Dec 15, 2005
dont start the TDMer BS in here. 30 minutes of CTCD is boring. i am making an EAS map and so far i have a few objectives planned out: destroy communications, secure armory, destroy vehicles, and call extraction. i need more ideas for objectives. i want a pretty long map with quite a few different objectives to keep things interesting. any ideas?

Apr 21, 2003
Europe
Logan6 said:
EAS is about strategy and tactics.
You mean tactics like killing a defender just because he missed you because of boredom sitting there looking at the same door for minutes? Yeah, strategic.

I had some quite awesome EAS matches, but in total I dislike it.
What I hate the most is, that defenders simulate robotic quard units aka what we know as "Bot A.I.", scanning a door for the entire round and shooting the enemy as soon few pixel of him appear, even though Bot A.I. NEVER misses you and it needs to see fewer pixels of enemy to shoot him head.

Yeah, when coders can't make AI more human like, they make humans AI like instead. EAS is a success in that case.

Apr 21, 2003
Europe
Thats actually exactly how I would describe it. Mostar EAS rocks. Sandmans Day EAS is hell, I hate it like I was born to hate it, I hate it so much, that I sometimes belive to hate EAS at all.