1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Support for avi files?

Discussion in 'Programming' started by Angel_Mapper, Dec 1, 2004.

1. Angel_Mapper

Angel_Mapper Goooooooats

I know that UC2 uses avi files for some of the movies instead of matinee, is this feature in the runtime version of the engine?

2. Delphi

Delphi New Member

have you had any luck with the whole avi thing? I'm trying to figure out a way (any way) of getting pre rendered video into UT2k4. Without much luck so far. :(

3. chip

chip New Member

afaik, there are no movie format recording or playback features in Runtime. any mention of BINK in the opening logosplashes or other parts of UC2? its a very popular method of integrating movie playback into games.

4. [SAS]Solid Snake

[SAS]Solid Snake New Member

Well, if you were able to write some native stuff into UE2Runtime is may be possible. But at this stage I doubt it very much, since 3rd party people tend to add a lot of their own stuff to the UE they purchase.