1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Super Monday Night Combat

Discussion in 'Games' started by Trynant, Jan 27, 2012.

1. Trynant

Trynant Manic Brawler

Currently this game is in closed invitational period. If you sign up for it you'll get an invite within a week.

Basically it's MNC gone free-to-play with new characters and some gameplay tweaks. I'm excited.

2. Kyllian

Kyllian if (Driver == Bot.Pawn); bGTFO=True;

Uses matchmaking, tho there's no stats tracking so the matching is completely random right now
    Requires a bit more teamwork than MNC did so you can't solo it as much as before

3. Juggalo Kyle

Juggalo Kyle Sup brah.

I played about 6 rounds or so the other day. Really enjoyed it. Sent an invite to my bro and a buddy.

4. Slainchild

Slainchild Gold Member

Got two invites for this. If you want one, ask me on steam.

Fun game!

5. Big-Al

Big-Al amateur de bière

I''ve been playing a bit... but it's a bit annoying and there are already people calling others noobs.

still, I'm in.

6. Kyllian

Are you really surprised? Tho it's probably random asshats that have been in the beta for a month or so
    The "SMNC Vets" that have played since or near the start aren't usually such jackasses

Also, there's a Mumble server set up for people to join in on: http://www.uberent.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=39&t=11985

Last edited: Feb 7, 2012
  7. JohnDoe641

JohnDoe641 Killer Fools Pro Staff Member

I remember playing MNC and in every match there'd be people yelling at me for "hacking" because I shot them with the sniper rifle.

That was really the only thing I enjoyed about the game. :D

8. Kyllian

You'd probably get more hackusations now as most of the truly good Snipers have moved on to SMNC
    Shit, I barely worry about Snipers anymore. I've come across maybe 3 players that when they go Sniper I consider them a threat, and I play Gunner a lot

9. d3tox

d3tox Face down in a pool of his own vomit.

Anyone playing this? Look me up :D

10. Kyllian

Bought Leo earlier tonight. First match with him didn't result in a good KDR (3/6), but I led my team in botkills and I helped push bots like mad using the Code-X, especially the Jackbot :D

11. Trynant

Trynant Manic Brawler

I need to get back in this game....

12. Kyllian

Update 4 just landed
    http://www.uberent.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=44&t=22691

Discussion thread(warning: lots of bitching and moaning): http://www.uberent.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=44&t=22691

13. Kyllian

Update 5
    http://www.uberent.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=55&t=23414

14. Kyllian

Update 7 on it's way. Now introduces Turbocross gamemode(basically Classic MNC mode)

http://www.uberent.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=362657

Turbocross details: http://www.uberent.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=39&t=25425

Last edited: May 24, 2012
  15. Trynant

Trynant Manic Brawler

So, I recently tried this game again, but I'm really dismayed at how bad the 'free' part is in the F2P model of this game. It's basically somewhere along the lines of 60+ games to get a character, and the character is like $4. It seems with the amount you could spend on SMNC you could just as easily purchase a less 'fuck your wallet' MOBA of some sort (I hear Awesomenauts is good).

Shame, because the gameplay is a blast.

16. Kyllian

Assuming you get max CC(CombatCredit) each round, ~28 games to afford "starter" Pros(4500cc)
    Much faster if you spring for CC boosters
    Of the boosters there's a Timed(+100%), PerWin(+100%) and PerMatch(+500%)
    Stack those 3 and you get up to 1280(2560 if you hit First Win of the Day bonus)
    Personally I think the Timed is most worth the money, especially if you opt to play a lot

Luckily you can hold off on buying Pros because there's always 6 that are free for the week, so you can test out just about all of them given enough time.
    Sharpshooters(see: sniper types) are usually excluded to give aimbotters the finger

If you have enough patience you don't have to spend a cent ever(unless you want to trade, but the minimum is $1 so it won't cost you much)
    SMNC is also probably the farthest from pay2win you can get cuz the following are pretty much the only cash items
    - Pros (cc can be used as well)
    - Cosmetic items (player/weapon skins, accessories, taunts, flair)
    - Blitz weapons (Blitz is PvsBots, just more insane than MNC Blitz)
    - Boosters (CC and XP)
    - Bundles (usually Pro/Cosmetic combos at discounted price
    (I'm sure I'm forgetting something)

Anything that affects gameplay is CC only

If you're impatient on getting Pros: http://store.steampowered.com/app/212520/?snr=1_7_suggest__13
    $15 for $50 worth of stuff, including the 6 original MNC Pros, 4 Flairs and a 5-match, +500% CC booster

Also, Turbocross is roughly equivalent to classic MNC, and now even allows you to drop in/out whenever you please