Super Meat Boy

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Capt.Toilet

Good news everyone!
Feb 16, 2004
Ottawa, KS
I have hit another plateau. 296 levels complete with 3 left in Chapter 5 dark and 7 or 8 left in Cotton Alley dark. Also the only warp zone I have left is The Kid's, which can just kindly **** off. For the time being I have been improving my times on previous levels.

Agent_5

Replica?
Jan 24, 2004
UT
well, I broke the 20k deaths barrier yesterday. Currently the total kill count is at 20501 and I only have 67% completed :(
I hope I can beat Dr. Fetus (light world) before 25k, but as of late I haven't put much effort into defeating him.

Trynant

Manic Brawler
Jan 31, 2002
Quiet Island
trynant.wordpress.com
The Kid's levels are not so terrible. People on average can finish them in an hour and a half from what I've been seeing and reading. Considering how far you are already the Kid is about the same difficulty.

Capt.Toilet

Good news everyone!
Feb 16, 2004
Ottawa, KS
The Kid's levels are not so terrible. People on average can finish them in an hour and a half from what I've been seeing and reading. Considering how far you are already the Kid is about the same difficulty.

This statement holds true only if you pass the first level, the second and third levels look a helluva lot easier.

Capt.Toilet

Good news everyone!
Feb 16, 2004
Ottawa, KS
Welp I am officially done with this game. The levels are so ridiculously stupid and the hitboxes on the spikes makes the kids levels just not worth the hassle. Couple that with input lag and some really annoying bug where you just slide up the wall instead of jumping is really starting to get on my nerves. It was a good run meat ****er but alas I am shelving you for an indefinite amount of time.

FlashIV

King of the Impossible
Oct 30, 2005
Illi-noise
Very nice! Judging by your death count, and some of the nice times I've seen you put up, it looks like you're taking the same approach I did :)

I couldn't help myself, after finishing a level, replaying it over to go as fast as I could...and adding a few thousand more deaths to my tally in the process.

Capt.Toilet

Good news everyone!
Feb 16, 2004
Ottawa, KS
I finally beat Dr Fetus. It only took 21305 deaths!

Good job A5

The dark version of Fetus is intimidating, but it actually isn't that bad during the first half. The second half is what you need to worry about with that rotating blade in the middle. The timing has to be PRECISE.

Capt.Toilet

Good news everyone!
Feb 16, 2004
Ottawa, KS
Well I decided to postpone my hiatus to complete 7-20x, but only by slipping between the saws that fall then taking my sweet ass time for the remainder of the level. Here is vid http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5iRe8nZXhd8

That puts me at an even 300 levels beaten.

Now for a little beef on Team Meat.

5-3x, 5-15x, and 5-19x are the only ones I have left for rapture, but I refuse to do them for these reasons

5-3x - The repulsors are stupid. My patience with them is growing extremely thin.

5-15x - This level is broken as all get out. There is a section where you have to through a narrow space with one of those leeches crawling on the ceiling. Well every other time you die he will be on the ground, rendering your path impossible. You either die from the onslaught behind you, or die from him. http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1727913

5-19x - Team meat you guys put the timer on top of a freaking buzz saw you fools. Actually this one I have the best chance of beating but I really don't have the patience at the moment.

Oh and I have encountered the warp zone glitch that Kal speaks of a couple of times. Particularly the one for Rapture dark world.

Last edited:

KaL976

*nubcake*
Nov 28, 2003
Cardiff | UK
Visit site
I never had that happen, thankfully.

Why would that video not make you want to play anymore Kal?

Heh, I'm not stopping [just unlocked Rapture] but there's no way I'm going to manage those glitch levels without killing someone & that makes me a sad panda :D

On the other hand I went & looked at some vids of people playing IWBTG & N & now they don't look quite so daunting.

KaL976

*nubcake*
Nov 28, 2003
Cardiff | UK
Visit site
I haff unlocked the Kid's warp zone [which took a bit of doing in itself]
Not getting him any time soon :)
Also as Toilet mentioned the repulsor magnet things are retarded & the floaty head things are also a PITA.
I'm not a fan of those lil MB-like guys that chase you either, but at least you can trick them into killing themselves.

Oh & if anyone wants a Dr. Fetus wallpaper but is lazy there's one here - http://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l273/Kal976/SMBdesktop.jpg

Last edited:

Capt.Toilet

Good news everyone!
Feb 16, 2004
Ottawa, KS
Took down 3 more levels today after chilling out for a bit. The hiatus does do wonders.

Just leaves The Kids ****ery and 2 more rapture dark and 2 more Cotton Alley dark.

Bi()ha2arD

Toxic!
Jun 29, 2009
Germany
phobos.qml.net
I almost ironmanned forest light world. Then on the last level I ran into the falling sawblade right after I spawned and died. On respawn I made it on first attempt...

Meh, maybe another time.

KaL976

*nubcake*
Nov 28, 2003
Cardiff | UK
Visit site
I almost ironmanned forest light world. Then on the last level I ran into the falling sawblade right after I spawned and died. On respawn I made it on first attempt...

Meh, maybe another time.

Apparently you can do the levels in any order & the first one doesn't count if you die :s
Personally, I did it straight through & took about 5 goes due to being stupid [your brain says 'don't jump' & your thumb hears 'jump' :/