Super Mario Bros X - Free to play game for PC

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Ignotium

Que hora es?
Apr 3, 2005
Madrid
Yes, you read that right, SMBX is a fan made game, that emulates the best stuff from the classical platformer, it's for the PC, works like a charm (especially with a gamepad) and it's completely free (which is awesome) I've only played a couple times, but I can really assure you, it will rock any Mario fan socks.
It even has a level editor, and more features, like playing as Link from Zelda and stuff like that that I don't really care for.
[M]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0E6HUWGjesI&feature=player_embedded[/M]

Super Mario Bros X Homepage

Enjoy

Capt.Toilet

Good news everyone!
Feb 16, 2004
Ottawa, KS
Looks like it is trying to be like Super Mario Bros Wii. Looks fun but yeah Nintendo will probably put the death grip on this eventually.

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
The trailer convinced me to click the homepage link. Nostalgia.
And of course it's free. I bet they've managed to get a borderline-agreement with Nintendo to get this in a public release for PC, legally.

Last edited:

Juggalo Kyle

Sup brah.
Mar 23, 2005
Northern Cali
Awesome. I'm going to give it a go. My Wife would like playing this. Old school Mario is the only video game she's ever enjoyed (except for the 30 minutes I got her to play WoW..... 2+ years ago...)

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
This has to be the most insanely slow start up loading time I have ever seen in a game.

BillyBadAss

Strong Cock of The North
May 25, 1999
Tokyo, JP
flickr.com
Ok, I played it last night. It's actually really well done. The music could be polished up a little bit. It seems to be a little un-Nintendo like rendering on the sounds too. The music loops a bit unpolished as well instead of being continuous like it is in Nintendo games. With the exception of Link the control seems to be spot on. Really worth grabbing if like 2D Mario games.