Summer is awesome

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

dragonfliet

I write stuffs
Apr 24, 2006
The summer is awesome. The only consequence to being drunk on scotch and conversation at 2am on a Sunday evening (er, well, Monday morning. I'm sure you understand) is that I won't wake up until something like noon. Okay, this probably only applies to people that have "real" jobs. So **** yes to living eternally in academia, I suppose, because having the summer off is awesome.

~Jason

P.S. This post took a little bit of editing. Does it piss off anyone else that the days have to be capitalized? ****ing monday, you don't DESERVE capitalization, no matter what FF spellcheck tells me.

Grobut

Комиссар Гробут
Oct 27, 2004
Soviet Denmark
It might be, if it would stop raining for just a bloody moment, as is i bet i could swim upstream right into the clouds.

Balton

The Beast of Worship
Mar 6, 2001
Berlin
The summer is awesome. The only consequence to being drunk on scotch and conversation at 2am on a Sunday evening (er, well, Monday morning. I'm sure you understand) is that I won't wake up until something like noon. Okay, this probably only applies to people that have "real" jobs. So **** yes to living eternally in academia, I suppose, because having the summer off is awesome.

~Jason

indeed

~M.

Balton

The Beast of Worship
Mar 6, 2001
Berlin
Unless you live in the UK. In which case they come out on Friday nights, regardless of the weather and summer has nothing to do with it. If summer could be confirmed to still exist in the UK, that is..

I doubt he was happy to see scantily clad slags ;)

Capt.Toilet

Good news everyone!
Feb 16, 2004
Ottawa, KS
It has been hot, muggy, rainy crap. The summer box office has been nothing but disappointments. It has been rather dull tbh.

pine

Official Photography Thread Appreciator
Apr 29, 2001
IRL
Visit site
I'll take some heat in the northwest please... Since March it's barely stopped raining long enough to fishing or hiking once a week.

KillerSkaarj

Art for swans is dope!
Jan 24, 2008
So much stuff has happened the last few days that it doesn't even feel like Summer break. I got a level 1 on the Algebra II EOC (first time I ever failed a final test) a week before school ended and had to go through Remediation and retesting all the way up to the second to last day of school. Then school ended on June 10, but I still had to wake up the next day at 7:25AM, the same time I wake up for school, for Driver's Ed, then that same day I had to go back to school to meet up with my orchestra class so that we could take a bus to go play for the graduate ceremony.

Saturday and Sunday were normal, and then to complete the illusion, today I had to wake up again at 7:25AM to finish the rest of Driver's Ed (gonna get my learner's permit sometime before school starts again). While getting ready, I kept thinking about what I was gonna do at school, even though it's over.

Even as I type this, I still feel like I have school tomorrow. I can mostly attribute this to being busy right up until school ended and beyond. That was the first time I failed an EOC, so I wasn't used to having to continue reviewing for a test after the test.

Even so, I passed the retest, which caused me to pass the class, so I basically passed all of my core classes this year, which means I get to move on to become a SENIOR! WOOH!!

I just hope this feeling goes away soon. I want to enjoy my summer without thinking "oh noes im gonna mis teh bus" in the morning.

neilthecellist

Renegade.
May 24, 2004
San Diego, California
www. .
My summer involves meeting new people, hanging out with new people and old friends including the ones that are back for summer break from college/universities, ...going on dates and finally realizing my standard for women, and just having a good time! whilst working a 40hr+ job.

Time management is key!

I'm eating healthier this summer and getting good routine exercise and I'm taking up yoga next week which I hope will manifest into routine. Summer IS awesome!

neilthecellist

Renegade.
May 24, 2004
San Diego, California
www. .
Maybe for some of us in this thread. I stopped drinking ... for the moment jk jk ! No seriously I actually did stop. Alcohol just gets in the way of life. I can have a good time without getting drunk anymore. (That's not to say I won't drink at ALL, it's just that I don't look out purposely to drink, if I'm having a passionate romantic night of course some Cab Sauv will be involved... or a shot of tequila)

Last edited: