Suggestion: Add a 'switch' button on the gametype options dialog

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

ArPharazon

Aug 22, 2003
London
Visit site
Hi ProASM,

Please add a 'switch' button to the gametype options dialog in the next version of ut2vote.

This is to enable quick gametype switching - i.e. set the options for a particular gametype and then hit the 'switch' button while still on that dialog to load it immediately.

Thanks!

:)

tdw-socke

Nov 21, 2003
hmm, this should only work for admins? and it should always switch to the default-map? I don't get the point, what advantage you see to the current function, maybe you could explain a bit more?

ArPharazon

Aug 22, 2003
London
Visit site
Yes - only for admins.

Think about it - it will be faster than going thru clansetup since you already have the basic gametype defined.

My clan plays two main gametypes - iCTF & iTDM - but in various ladders, i.e. 5v5, 3v3 & 2v2 for iCTF and 4v4 & 2v2 for iTDM. Some of us are also playing a lot of TAM.

iCTF 5v5 and iTDM 4v4 is the default setting so to speak, so when playing 3v3 or 2v2 its a simple matter of adjusting maxplayers in the gametype (and perhaps other settings like tournament mode on, forcerespawn off, etc) and then hitting submit.

This works quite nicely when you are already on that basic gametype but not if you want to switch from one to the other.

Adding a 'switch' button will make it a lot easier and faster than having to go thru the clansetup option or even thru gametype voting.

ProAsm

Mar 20, 2002
www.proasm.com
The way it is currently where the Admin selects the GameType in the Games menu then selects submit is about as fast as its gonna get.
UT2004 itself goes through a pile of routines before it switches and there is no real quick way.
One cannot do a switch and remain in the same dialog, thats just the way UT2004 does things and there is nothing one can do about it.
The gameswitch in a ClanMatch during setup, is not really a gameswitch but a very complicated bluff that UT2Vote goes through.