1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Stupid Stupid drum

Discussion in 'New Version Suggestions' started by ANUBIS199, Oct 21, 2001.

1. The_Fur

The_Fur Back in black

2. {LOD}WolfBear

{LOD}WolfBear Cannon Fodder

But limiting the AK because of heat problems with the M16 seems a little weak to me. After all the AK was ment to take the heat but not be as accurate as an M16. THe m16 was never designed for that kinda fire rate. SO if you are going to limit a weapon by makeing the barrel melt etc, you need to know at EXACTLLY what point each one does melt. As for not being able to grasp the foregrip, I vote NO. After all Heat rises, and even after ALOT of ammo through an AK/SK the forgrip stays cool, it is the barrel and TOP of the gun that are hotter than crap.

{LOD}WolfBear[RM]

3. striderteen

striderteen New Member

Hmm, interesting. I thought the squad leader ususally had the 'nade launcher, not an LMG...oh well.

As far as I can tell:

Army Squad = 4 men. 2X M-249, 1X M-16+M-203, 1X M-16

Marine Corps Squad = 3 men. 1X M-249, 1X M-16+M-203, 1X M-16

4. jlamb_vo

jlamb_vo {GD}Spunky{Pfc}

Anubis you may hate me for this but...

I like the AK as it is, it basically serves as a supressive fire weapon and is all we have for that role right now. It is innaccurate as shooting hot **** in a potato gun (um... not that I, uh, know) because of its kick but has a high capacity and high power rounds.

I use the AK when I am on a funcitonal team and basically use it to cover people while they are reloading, and to guard the back in case someone comes running and gunning in the back door, because yes it is very deadly in close quarters as it was intended in manufacture (i gather from what I've read anyway). In semi auto it is still accurate, and even in full auto I use it for accurate long range hits by aiming carefully at the midchest and holding my breath.

The real problem again here is not the weapons at all, its the movement system. If we could only move realistically, the AKs perks for running and gunning would be a nonissue, because they couldn't throw themselves all over the room faster than the ****ing Flash.

5. Shrap

Shrap Beaver

Just the barrel heat ...not the weapons 'guard ...
    yeah ...each gun with a different "melt" point ...this is what i try to explain from the beginning...

6. TheGodFather

TheGodFather New Member

actualy the ak can shoto without melting the drum. but if yo uare really concerned with run'n'gunners then make a burst instead of automatic. and plus i have seen a picture of an m-15 with a double drum attatchment. if yo uwanna see it email me at dj_majyc@yahoo.com or find me on aim at MaJyC69

7. Shrap

Shrap Beaver

a picture of an M-15 ...wow I want to see that !

8. LoTekK

LoTekK Peon

depends on the length of time you're talking about... i've gone through about 5 full magazines (on semi, but fairly quick shots one after the other) about as quickly as i could get my sights on target (which is fairly quickly), and my weapon still operated quite admirably... although i'll admit that the handguard was getting somewhat uncomfortable to hold... :D

as for the cookoffs... that's some scary stuff... i had a friend's weapon cookoff an entire magazine of blanks while it was pointed at my feet... the weather was hot, and we'd done a LOT of firing on full-auto (yeah, M-16S1, a variant of the A1) and i'm assuming his auto-sear was loose... :con:

9. ShakKen

ShakKen Specops Spook

After 170 rounds full auto, M4A1s play a game called; "Pick up what's left of your supporting hand after my barrel goes boom".

No joke, Rangers have already lost fingers to M4A1s due to- as the new manual puts it; "Catastrophic barrel failure".

10. The_Fur

The_Fur Back in black

With guns like that, who needs enemies :)

11. Shrap

Shrap Beaver

So can we get this feature in inf ? :rolleyes: eventually ?

12. U-N Guy

U-N Guy Official Retard

Oh OH OH! I have an Idea, model the AKMSU's fore-grip to catch fire if you shoot to much!

Or make the fore-grip of the M16 melt into the users hand so he will scream in agony and not be able to switch weapons! :D

13. striderteen

striderteen New Member

Yeah! The M-15 was the experimental heavy-barrelled SAW version of the M-14, but it never went into production as far as I'm aware.

As for the Beta-C double-drum mag for the M-16 series and/or the G-36, I really would like to see that as well.

14. TheGodFather

TheGodFather New Member

15. agent

agent <span id=spObj style="FILTER:Glow(color=#5D025E);w

looks like a fa mas but it's an ak!

i was thinking of coming up with a bullpup ak variant yesterday. i was thinking maybe i could make some money. guess what? it's already done (the chinese have done it). it looks like a fa mas but it's an AK!!! and it supports drums! imagine a fa mas with a drum!

here's the link: BULLPUP AK + DRUM = !!!

16. striderteen

striderteen New Member

That's the Colt M-4 or M-4A1 carbine, equipped with a forward handle, ACOG sight and Beta-C dual-drum 100-round magazine. It's basically a shortened, retractable-stock carbine version of the M-16, with the M-4 being burst/semi and the M-4A1 being auto/semi IIRC.

17. TheGodFather

TheGodFather New Member

well from the site i found that at...its the m-15 with double barrell clip. im not sure if the site was wrong or not but tell me if it is

18. striderteen

striderteen New Member

The site is wrong. The M-15 was going to be the heavy-barrel squad automatic weapon version of the M-14 battle rifle, but it was cancelled and never produced.

The gun in your picture is unquestionably a Colt M-4 carbine.