Stupid Stupid drum

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Shrap

Beaver
Oct 29, 2000
BUMP ...
We must have a this sytem.
I'll continue tu BUMP even if I'm alone.
BUMP BUMP BUMP

yurch

Swinging the clue-by-four
May 21, 2001
USA, Maryland.
Visit site
What?
I told you, making up a dumb limitation to enforce your own hatred of a tactic is just plain pathetic.
Attack the realism flaws, not the gun.

Shrap

Beaver
Oct 29, 2000
you just don't understand don't you ! MAYBE READING THE POSTS WOULD HELP ! :mad:
It WOULD BE REALISTIC ! IN REAL LIFE YOU CAN'T FIRE AS MUCH ROUNDS IN A LIMITED PERIOD OF TIME WITH AN M16 THAN WITH A M249. IT WOULD HELP THE M249. IT WOULD HELP ALL MACHINE GUNS BECAUSE THEY ARE DESIGNED TO FIRE LIKE THAT. A M-16 ISNT SO IT WILL PREVENT PEOPLE OF FIRING AN M16 LIKE A MACHINE GUN. :mad:

yurch

Swinging the clue-by-four
May 21, 2001
USA, Maryland.
Visit site
Originally posted by ShrapNL

This is exactly what i said ...notice the "after a number of bullet" ...I don't know how much bullet it would take to melt the barrel but there is a limit...and the limit depends on the gun you are using .
I know that M-16 and M-4 are able to hold indefinitively (sp?) if you fire 1 bullet each 15 or 30 seconds (I don't remember which one...)
I don't say that we should fire 1 rounds every 30 seconds but if we get over a certain number of rounds fired in a certain period of time then our barrel will melt and our weapons will be lost.
So it would be an advantage to have a dedicated machine gun instead of trying to do like one with a rifle.
Everybody understand now ?
Missed that post. Sorry.

Shrap

Beaver
Oct 29, 2000
BUMP !

Do I need to create a new thread to have a slight chance of getting the "processed" picture ?

If we're going to introduce weapon overheating causing barrel damage and hence loss of accuracy, we should have a heat level meter.

Not like the silly gauge on the RTCW Minigun, something approximate like the team's introducing for ammunition level. You don't have to be particularly well-trained to tell when your gun's getting uncomfortably hot.

RAZZ

aka FURY13RT
I think the jobs better served by the recoil system for weapons.
anyone firing in such a way to rip out the barrel, probly isint hitting much to start with.
The minmi is the first gun thats going to push that theory.
100 rounds, reloadable, and INTENDED to be used for that purpose.

FiringAimlessly

NOT going to waste another minute on CS!
Sep 18, 2001
Maybe an animation showing your non-trigger hand constantly releasing the handguard at certain intervals when the gun gets too hot...

On the silly side, we could have someone accidentally touch the barrel for some really stupid reason and start screaming... :D

Shrap

Beaver
Oct 29, 2000
I rode that M16 and M4 overheat very easely ! Like 2-3 mags in 1 minut would kill the barrel ...correct me if im wrong ...

The_Fur

Back in black
Nov 2, 2000
www.rlgaming.com
`yup after about 100 rounds it gets so hot it won't stop firing untill the mags are empty it'll cook them off on it's own wether you pull the trigger or not.

Yes, a realistic answer to run 'n gun tactics -- and we need it all the more, now that ammo limit is gone.

The n00bs may be n00b-turtles now, but they'll be heavily armed turtles blasting away with tons of ammo...and they probably won't use the Minimi once its novelty wears out -- they'll use SIG 551 and FAMAS on "30-round burst" or the AKMSU with drums.

If we make the weapon overheat and, depending on the RL behavior, jam/lose accuracy, such behaviour would be curtailed sharply.

I know the team said no jamming, but random jamming is different from overheated jamming, ne?

Shrap

Beaver
Oct 29, 2000
they'll use SIG 551 and FAMAS on "30-round burst"
:lol::lol:

For the rest ...I don't think we will be able to fire correctly with the minini even when standing still ...well maybe ...but it will have another disadvantage for being a LMG...

I don't really care for the Akmsu with drums because recoil is so heavy that they won't like it...and the akmsu CAN fire through 3-4 drums before melting according to the people around here...
But for the Sig, M4, M16, G36C and the Famas ...I think we should limit the over-firing...
I don't know if the submachine gun does the same thing ...anyone ?

The_Fur

Back in black
Nov 2, 2000
www.rlgaming.com
actually the minimi is classified as both an AR and a LMG (check out www.fas.org). It's just a bit heavier then the m16m203 combination (5,99 vs 6,88 kg) though a 200 round box mag does weigh another 3,14 kg.

The SAW replaces old m16a1's on a one for one basis. that means 2 per squad.