Stuntman v2 thoughts

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

The Chemist

Apr 4, 2005
Er, im not sure if this is the right forum for this, so if it isnt, just smack me ;)

I have installed and played Stuntman v2 recently, and I have to say Im liking what I'm seeing. However there are a few issues I have with it.

The default model problem from v1 still exists in v2....

Not sure if this is intentional or not, but on the off chance it isnt... glue mode wont let you stick to a wall or celing if you jump into it while glue mode is on. You can only get to theese surfaces by turning glue mode on on the floor and running up a wall. Again, that may be what you intended, but I brought it up just in case.

To me, the shotgun is way overpowered. It easily kill at any range in 1 or 2 hits. It is also the only weapon bots use(otherwise they use kungfu) I think the damage on it needs to be lowered, as well as the range(it is, after all, a shotgun ;) )

In my (often skewed) opinion, the slowmo powerups last way too long. Not only do they allow you to wreak havoc opon the bots/other players, you can actualy get tired of it being on because it takes so long to get across the level. Perhaps make the time adjustable in the mutator menu?

They are all just minor beefs in the long run. Its still a fun mod and I still love playing it :D .

Parser

Hello
May 7, 2002
England baby!
fraghouse.beyondunreal.com
The Shotgun is supposed to be hideously overpowered so that you get that immense satisfaction of kung fu-ing someone who's trying to smack you down with it. ;)

The default model problem doesn't seem to be something I can fix. I have to replace the pawn class in order to make magic work, and in retaliation you only get the Jakob model because that's the default one.

You can actually activate glue mode mid-jump and latch to walls, but it does take about a second or so. I tried it on Deck17 and it worked.

As for the slomo time, that's adjustable in the mutator config...

The Chemist

Apr 4, 2005
The Shotgun is supposed to be hideously overpowered so that you get that immense satisfaction of kung fu-ing someone who's trying to smack you down with it.

Works for me. Just wanted to make sure it was supposed to be that way :)

The default model problem doesn't seem to be something I can fix. I have to replace the pawn class in order to make magic work, and in retaliation you only get the Jakob model because that's the default one.

Doh I see. I kinda thought it was something like that but i had hoped...Oh well, ill get over it.

You can actually activate glue mode mid-jump and latch to walls, but it does take about a second or so. I tried it on Deck17 and it worked

Yes, Ive got it now. I was being stupid and activating glue mode before I jumped, completely forgetting that glue mode disables itself when you jump...P.S. Kind of strange you should say Deck17....that was the map I was trying to get it to work on :lol:

As for the slomo time, that's adjustable in the mutator config...

Um....uh...yeah....I uh...guess there is an option there....heh.....uhh....dont listen to me, im stupid :eek:

Thanks for taking the time to read my(looking back, nearly worthless) post!

T-1

DFGHIDFJ
Jun 9, 2004
How about making Slomo toggleable by the person that activated it?