Stun Gun

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

JiNX

Omniscient
Sep 3, 2000
Visit site
I need help with making a stun gun, i am just going to create the gun off of the enforcer, but instead of the bullets inflicting damage, i want them momentarily stop a player from moving. Exactly what sort of things would i have to do for this to be possible?

Jun 12, 2001
www.planetunreal.com
Its easy to stop an enemy from moving. I dont' know about rotating and shooting.

Read the burning enemies tutorial on WOD ( www.planetunreal.com/wod ) - strip out the flame effect and the damage, just keep the attached projectile. When it attaches, set your enemies groundspeed etc to 0. When it is destroyed, set them back.

Look at what happens when a game is won and all the players are frozen, there might be something there.

JiNX

Omniscient
Sep 3, 2000
Visit site
Thanks for the help, i have another question though, is there a way of instead of stopping the person completely, could i just make them slow down ie- running to walking, walking to like crouch speed?

Postal

I apear to have lost my pin.
Nov 14, 1999
WoD.BeyondUnreal.com
Well you could do that 3 ways:

1. Oh never mind, Im not part of WoD any more, I have nothing making me visit this forum or help anyone, goodbye all.

2. Look at the speed relic