1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Stuff you just bought thread V2

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Kantham, Jan 22, 2008.

1. Rambowjo

Rambowjo Das Protoss

[​IMG]

Bought this for my graphicscard yesterday. My rig is now up and running again, and yes, it turned out that my 8800 GTS was broken. I tried running it on the new PSU, still broken. I'm now running with a 260GTX, and it's kick-ass. Running Bioshock with everything maxed, constant 60 fps. Crysis, everything maxed (high, getting Vista today), 1280x1024 res, 30-50 fps, running pretty smooth and fine and last, but not least, no more crashes :D

2. Slainchild

Slainchild Gold Member

You don't need Vista to run it on Very High, just get a custom config that enables that stuff. http://crymod.com/thread.php?threadid=13790

If you need Vista for other things, fine. :p

3. Rambowjo

Rambowjo Das Protoss

I know that, but it still doesn't enable all the DirectX10 features, since it's simply not possible with the DX9 API. Also, it should run better under DirectX10 than DirectX9.

4. Matfei

Matfei [:«]Ω[»:]:Mױפקזג:]:

Plus if you're upgrading to a new machine you might aswell upgrade to be sitting on DX10 by the time it's really needed.

5. Zxanphorian

Zxanphorian ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

I did, but forgot to check the image. It was just a quick google search.

6. toniglandyl

toniglandyl internal data fragmentation : 62203480%

I bought it some time ago, but forgot i at a friend's :
    old mousepad, new mousepad !
    [​IMG]

oh and the G15 is brand new too :)

7. Matfei

Matfei [:«]Ω[»:]:Mױפקזג:]:

Nice mousepad Tonig.

I've not used a pad for like 3 years now, I'm thinking about getting one.

8. Kantham

Kantham Fool.

I still wonder if I not prefer the old mouse pad. :p

9. T2A`

T2A` I'm dead.

I've been on a DeathAdder for a couple of week as well, and it seems pretty nice. It's definitely the smoothest mouse I've ever used, which is saying something given how smooth G5 is as well.

I would avoid the Lachichaihsehieshes, however, because it's more a marketing ploy than a true performer. Laz0rs cannot compete with a good optical system -- there's a reason I replaced with G5 with something optical. I was either going to get the MX518 or DeathAdder, and I decided to go for the "risky" choice (I was guaranteed to like the MX518 given that I'd been using Logitech for years).

DPI doesn't matter at all in the grand scheme of things, so buying the Lachichaihsehieshes because of its 4000 DPI is a dumb move. I used my G5 @ 1000 DPI instead of its 2000 maximum without any loss of precision. Unless you're playing at a gargantuan resolution and also using a stupidly, ridiculously low sensitivity, a high DPI does absolutely NOTHING.

As for the DeathAdder, I like it. Its light weight takes some getting used to if you're coming from a heavy Logitech, and the normal scroll wheel is great. It's a "palm" mouse like Logitechs, so the transition is smooth vs. a fingertip mouse like the Copperhead. I suppose my only real issue with it is it doesn't have enough buttons to waste one on real-time sensitivity adjustment, meaning that I can't play Minesweeper without opening the driver program or Windows mouse settings and altering the sensitivity from there. :(

10. toniglandyl

toniglandyl internal data fragmentation : 62203480%

changing mousepad was like changing from day to night. the mouse now slips really easily, it's much more comfortable and it's better (results are most noticeable in audiosurf). :D

oh and I just bought some earphones (crappy ones, but it's just earphones for my mp3 player), NIN's "the fragile" double CD album, daft punk's "homework" and "discovery" albums :D

11. _Lynx

_Lynx Strategic Military Services Staff Member

I had another of these, the one which looks like the box art and the problem is that mouse's skates are getting dirty very fast.

12. dotnetbeast

dotnetbeast Mood Muzik

Sold my 40gb PS3. Got a 60gb. (I want good B/C)

13. WaitForTheRain

WaitForTheRain New Member

Just bought a pack of 20 watch batteries.

14. WaitForTheRain

WaitForTheRain New Member

Anyone know how big the UT3 mousemats are? I need a new one but I can't stand small mousemats.

15. B

B Bee

You could scroll up a bit and take a look at the picture of a UT3 Mousepad and use the mouse as a size reference.

16. JohnDoe641

JohnDoe641 Killer Fools Pro Staff Member

You're going to love to grip, it fits perfectly to the d300 and I haven't removed it since I got it. If you want, you can put some black electrical tape over the d300's 00's and it'll be a faux D3. :D

Vertical shots are now as natural as horizontal and you'll find that the added weight makes the camera better balanced. I may eventually buy the enl4 so I can get some really good battery life plus the 8 fps but I'm not ready to spend an extra 400$+ just yet.

17. Hunter

Hunter BeyondUnreal Newsie

My girlfriend has one of these and they are amazing, spent 4 or 5 hours playing GTA4 in one of them :D

18. DarkED

DarkED The Great Oppression

Got this two days ago:

[​IMG]

Incredible racing game. I play with STM, TCS and ABS off. I also use the right stick as accel/brake and the trigger buttons to shift gears (the way it should have been by default.) It's super fun. Reminds me of the drifting days from Gran Turismo 4. The cars handle very realistically and the whole 'using tire friction efficiently' element is awesome. GT4 had that but it wasn't nearly as realistic. I'm thinking about buying the driving wheel for this game.

19. T2A`

T2A` I'm dead.

I recall reading about the development of the first Forza and the dudes saying they spent a huge amount of time perfecting their code for the tire modeling.

20. Majik

Majik blargh

Got this for my mom, to replace her worn out ds phat:
    [​IMG]

And picked this up for myself, to replace my worn out, vibration-less sixaxis:
    [​IMG]

I'm excited as hell about it.