Stuck on Sulferon

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

kwag_myers

Oct 17, 2008
I wanted to see if it's possible to keep the tech from blowing up the computer panel, and I was able to by getting between him and the panel after I had knocked him down with my first shot. Then finish him off since he can no longer get to the panel to blow it.

However, the game is now stuck, telling me that I haven’t completed the objective of clearing the enemy or securing the panel. I’ve been around the complex and through the building several times and there’s no one left to frag. Is this a bug? Is there a way to check a file or something to see if I've missed someone?

Dark Pulse

Dolla, Dolla. Holla, Holla.
Sep 12, 2004
Buffalo, NY, USA
darkpulse.project2612.org
I wanted to see if it's possible to keep the tech from blowing up the computer panel, and I was able to by getting between him and the panel after I had knocked him down with my first shot. Then finish him off since he can no longer get to the panel to blow it.

However, the game is now stuck, telling me that I haven’t completed the objective of clearing the enemy or securing the panel. I’ve been around the complex and through the building several times and there’s no one left to frag. Is this a bug? Is there a way to check a file or something to see if I've missed someone?
Nope. Pretty sure you borked the mission. Long story short, he has to blow the panel.

GreatEmerald

Khnumhotep
Jan 20, 2008
Lithuania
Indeed. That's quite like killing the Skaarj in Vandora temple before he pushes the button :) Yet the consequences are less severe in the temple :D

kwag_myers

Oct 17, 2008
868.gif
Am I the only one who sees that as wrong?
944.gif

It's a good thing I save a lot.

Oh, and thx for the replies.
fing02.gif

GreatEmerald

Khnumhotep
Jan 20, 2008
Lithuania
I'm always doing things like that in games, and ruining quests. In Spellforce, there was this quest that involved killing a giant who was supposed to be so strong that you could only kill him with poison while he was sleeping. Of course, I happened apon him prior to getting the quest breifing from an NPC, and proceeded to smash the living sh*t out of him. It took me about 15 minutes of combat to take him down. Ha! I bet the developers never thought anyone would have the determination (stupidity) to take down what was supposed to be an invicible enemy. The result? An unfinished quest in my quest book and an unremovable 'Poisoned Beef' in my inventory for the rest of the game.:)

What, you mean that poor headless Nali? :( You can imagine my dismay apon killing the Skaarj and arriving at the scene, only to find that the Nali's head was already detached and pre-gibbed! :D

Hah, in RuneScape there is a quest character Koschei the Deathless, which *should* be invincible because it has an insane amount of defence and you can get into his cave only without weapons and armour. The quest just wants to test your bravery - when you "die", you just appear out of the cave and the quest continues. However, some people bring Rings of Recoil (which are technically "Jewellery") which hit half of the damage back to anyone that caused the damage - therefore killing the Deathless! And that way people get a special sword, which isn't actually too good though.

No, not the Nali, he is in NaliCastle, I mean the Temple of Vandora. Or does that button kill another Nali? Lol.

Last edited:

kwag_myers

Oct 17, 2008
It seems to me that these instances would be good opportunities for alternate story lines, like in Tomb Raider. If you save the computer from being destroyed, you still have to upload the database, etc. There's plenty of ways to play this scenario out.

takwu

cXp coder Tak®
Feb 5, 2004
www.mif.vu.lt
funny because they did say they were going to make Unreal2 non-linear, altho in the end it turned out very linear. Perhaps it is not a co-incident that these "opportunities for alternate storylines" are built into the missions...

GreatEmerald

Khnumhotep
Jan 20, 2008
Lithuania
Hey Kwag, is your game patched to 2001? As I sent that tech into Singularity a few days ago, and the game didn't complain, just continued as if the console was broken (although it looked OK). Interestingly, nothing shows that it should have been broken - it seems that the data was simply encrypted and therefore needed help from Axon in order to decrypt it. Look what Aida said:

I've called in a technician to see if we can get anything useful out of that terminal. The marines with him will take orders from you. Deploy your troops, and keep that tech alive long enough to get the data.

See, not a word about the terminal being broken!
Off topic: Good work James A. Montanus for the dialog editor that enables us to quickly copy dialogues! :D