Stuck in low res skin (2009)

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Dreadkillz

Jun 28, 2009
I have found this wonderful game and installed it. It plays just fine but I notice that the textures on the weapons don't look as good as some of the screen shots. This forum seems pretty dead but I hope somebody out there can still help me. The high medium and low settings seem to have no effect on the weapon details.

Here are the following details that may be useful for anyone that can help me:

- I have Unreal Anthology and only installed Unreal Tournament 99 and UT2k4

- I have applied the reg fix for the umod association

- I have applied the OMP 0.2 patch

- I have applied the missing bonus pack 4 from the UT99 installation

- I have applied the new OPENGL and D3D8 DLL's from http://www.cwdohnal.com/utglr/

- I am running the game in OPENGL mode

Dreadkillz

Jun 28, 2009
I apologized for my first post. When I first installed the mod I was bewildered by the low texture quality of some weapons, however, I now discovered that the settings for texture detail do make a difference in quality. Guess I was too use to current gen graphics now. However, there are some weapons that appear to be wacky in OPENGL.

One particular weapon is the MP5 with the optic attachment. Under OPENGL, the quality of the crosshair do change with the settings, however, the body it self does not change in quality. Notice the two dark images that I uploaded. The crosshair changes in quality yet the body does not.

I decided to try D3D8 as my renderer and lo and behold everything works as it should. The two images in D3D8 are the bright ones. Notice that the quality overall changes with the settings.

Now I guess I am satisfied with playing this game in D3D8, but it would be useful if someone can tell me why my OPENGL is not working properly? Could it be related to my install which could be corrupt in some places? Could it be my OPENGL settings under my Nvidia FX 5200? Or could be related to a settings in one of the ini files for UT? I doubt that something this odd could be related to my video card settings. HELP!

EDIT: Adjusting skin detail had no effect on the weapons. However, adjusting world detail affected the quality of the weapon models. How strange.

Attachments

• Shot0000.jpg
    Shot0000.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 20
  • Shot0001.jpg
    Shot0001.jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 14
  • Shot0002.jpg
    Shot0002.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 19
  • Shot0003.jpg
    Shot0003.jpg