1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

STRIKE FORCE MOD SCREWED ME OVER

Discussion in 'Original Unreal Tournament' started by krow167, Jun 27, 2000.

1. krow167

krow167 New Member

Ok, so I install the Strike Force mod and I find out it doesnt even work and then I uninstall it. Now my UT doesnt even work at all! It wont uninstall itself and I will probably be forced to delete the whole thing (along with 300+ mbs of maps/mutators/skins/etc) and reinstall. I tried to install over the current UT and it just freezes everytime. Yep, gonna delete it now and go back to playing Counter-Strike and TFC, Yippee!

2. SU3000

SU3000 Bringer of Fear and 0wnage

I might be ignorant but:
    <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Tahoma, Arial, Helvetica">quote:</font><HR>...forced to delete the whole thing (along with 300+ mbs of maps/mutators/skins/etc)...<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    seems to me as plain stupid.
    you could make a backup of your maps/skins/etc...
    It's probably something in one of the ini files (unrealtournament.ini?), one of the more experienced troubleshooters might know.

[​IMG]
    -+- I am the SlachterUnit3000 -+-

[This message has been edited by SlachterUnit3k (edited 06-27-2000).]

3. hal

hal Dictator Staff Member

Just backup your maps, sounds, textures folders and anything from the system folder that you may want to keep. Uninstall, reinstall...voila!

[​IMG]
    Visit the PuF Home Page. hal{PuF}

hal{PuF}

4. Kukuman

Kukuman HUT HUT HUT HUT HUT HUT HUT HUT HUT HUT

It did the same thing to me! It seems like the only people interested in doing a CS-type mod for UT are 15-year-olds with programming skills of a chimpanzee...

[​IMG]
    ]LoL[Kukuman|PuF
    Batai D'va! http://www.realsystems.ws/

-----BEGIN GEEK CODE BLOCK-----
    GCS d- s-:-- a--- C+++ UL++ P L++ E--- W++ N+ o? K? w O? M-- V? PS PE Y PGP? t--- 5? X-
    R+ tv+ b+ DI D- G e- h! r--- z--
    -----END GEEK CODE BLOCK-----
    http://www.geekcode.com/

5. Cap'n Beeb

Cap'n Beeb Banned

I'll take my good old fashioned Infiltration 2.8 and 3.0 when they are released.

[​IMG]
    This new villan was the little Swiss Miss girl, with plans to take over the universe!

"Ha ha! The universe will soon fall victim to my evil underlying chocolately plot that they're all to shallow to realize!" She laughed manically at her henchmen: Little Debbie, and the Pepsi girl.