Strange things on JgkDo

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
Apr 2, 2001
Frankfurt/ Germany
Visit site
Playing last night on the server I was wittnessing strange connection problems:

In the end of the round (I believe it was on Yemen) 4 or more players left the game whereas non of 'em intended to leave. Mao Mak Maa and Schnullerbacke where on TS with me and they didn't drop out of TS. (seems the same thing happend to Taque, Duke and some more)

The rest of us was still on the map playing without any diffculties but the others weren't able to see the game or join. (even with open ip / rebooting machine...).

Even after mapchange it took several minutes until most of 'em could join again, but the same thing happened again on Portugal.

Maybe the logs offer some hint?

AlmostAlive

Jun 12, 2001
Norway
Visit site
I kept lagging out from the server last night until I finally gave up. I also had several ping spikes of over 2000 which made it pretty much unplayable while I was there anyway.

Taque

Custom User Title
Dec 3, 2002
PARIS
www.mpclan.com
Not only were some people being randomly dropped (Duke especially so), but there were some problems when trying to reconnect to switch teams. I would type it and literally nothing would happen. I then tried to double click on the server in the browser and it would just say "Connecting at: ..." indefinitely. The only way I could switch was to disconnect completely and reconnect through the browser with the intended changes (loadout, team, etc...).

Also, when I was dropped from jgkdo, the server wouldn't appear on my browser for several minutes. All of this related?

Vega-don

arreté pour detention de tomate prohibée
Mar 17, 2003
Paris suburbs
Visit site
pic of the ak47
index.php

Turin_Turambar

Pls don´t shoot to the Asha´man
Oct 9, 2002
Visit site
i was one of the ppl that have to exit. I mean, i supposed the server crashed, after that, it didn't appear in the server browser. So i went to sleep. :)

MP_Duke

Banned
May 23, 2002
www.geocities.com
It's probably the cheat detecting file that tracks down potential troublemakers based on reputation and skill :p
Not only did it boot me (on team attackers only oddly enough), but it crashed me to the desktop with a serving of hexidecimal.

Last edited:
Apr 2, 2001
Frankfurt/ Germany
Visit site
Another thing: You often can't change teams - even if yours is larger. You'll find yourself in the same team again after reconnect.

When things beyond comprehension happen, my admin at work keeps saying: reboot - always good ;)