UE2 - UT2kX Strange terrain lighting

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

SparksterºSanjulo

Mar 28, 2008

these randomely appeared on rebuild of the map, i tried removing a sunlight from my skybox which was the only source of light on the map, left just the ambient on the zoneinfo and it still has this checkerboard effect of random gay crap on it

i dont know what else to do at this point, i cannot see them in the edior, which has terrain lit normally, they are only ingame

Last edited:

Jetfire

Jul 25, 2005
Last time I did this I'd somehow managed to corrupt the heightmap. It would also exhibit funny collision in the black areas (try riding a manta over them). Irrecoverable, unrepairable, start over I'm afraid.

SparksterºSanjulo

Mar 28, 2008
Seems like one of your terrainlayers' alphamap has a different resolution than the heightmap.
Thank you that fixed it, apparently just one of the layers was a slightly diffrent size.

Last time I did this I'd somehow managed to corrupt the heightmap. It would also exhibit funny collision in the black areas (try riding a manta over them). Irrecoverable, unrepairable, start over I'm afraid.
I got lucky this time, I think that was because only one layer was problematic, but now that I understand the problem I know why I've managed to lose so many terrains over the past few weeks...