Strange Server Browser Behavior

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Snakeye

Mk82HD
Jan 28, 2000
Klagenfurt, Carinthia, Austria
Visit site
Hi everyone,

I had to get a new computer (since my old one died of a sudden GFX card failure) and after getting Inf up and running I ran into a strange behavior with the server browser.

When I switch to the server menu the first page showing the master server page comes up fine - every page I chose after that (be it favourites, All Inf Games, Other Inf Games) takes forever to show the servers, and if I ping the list (e.g. of the favourites) it only updates one server - lucky enough if I hit it again it updates the next server, but it's a tad annoying anyway. Once I do join a server everything seems to work fine - ping is as it should be. No problems here so far.

The connection or firewall are not the problem as far as I could find out; if it was the firewall it wouldn't show any servers at all (also I made a try with firewall disabled and it didn't change anything) - and the connection (including the server browser) work fine on my oldest PC.

Main difference to previous PCs I had is, that the new one runs Vista instead of XP - and is a tad faster than my previous one(s).

Just for the records the configuration:
New Rig (strange server browser behavior):
Core 2 Duo @ 2.5GHz
Geforce 8800M GTX SLI
4GB RAM
Vista SP1

Old Rig (deceased, normal server browser behavior):
Core Duo @ 2.0GHz
Geforce Go7900 GTX
2GB RAM
XP SP3

Even Older Rig (normal server browser behavior)
P4M @ 3.06GHz
Mobility Radeon 9700
1GB RAM
XP SP3

Sooo, anyone got any ideas? Apart from not using Vista?