Strange probs. with INF.

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Lidzsvars

Nov 13, 2004
:mad:At first I was thinking that this is one of those dual processor probs., but I think it is not, because none of the fixes mentioned before helped me.

When I enter main menu (with or without using quick menu) all the menu sections are moving around very quickly, sometimes flying and disapearing, or even trembling, when I move my mouse over them. After that, if I creat or enter in game, I am moving around with trembling too (at some moments I think that everything is happening to fast, but I am not sure because of that trembing all the time).

My new PC is AMD Athlon 64x2 Dual core 5000+ 2.60Ghz, 2GB of RAM, NVIDIA GEforce 8600GT.

Snakeye

Mk82HD
Jan 28, 2000
Klagenfurt, Carinthia, Austria
Visit site
Hmm, I had this too on my Laptop when I first installed inf - and IIRC phatcat even posted a video on youtube showing that behavior. Can't say what it looked like entering a game though, since I never tried to start one when the menus were obviously fubared.

While I'm not sure which exactly was the reason, applying all tricks for UT dual core use and power management finally solved this (and all other) problems.

A strange question: did you do a fresh install of UT and Inf or did you copy the whole thing from your old PC to the new one? I'm really not sure, but I think this appeared to me when I copied my old inf files over the fresh install - I didn't want to re-set all buttons, call me lazy :p. Anyway if you did so (even if it was only infuser.ini or similar) you might try to run a fresh "virgin" install.

Otherwise I would only suggest to do all dual core fixes and "speedstep" (or whatever you call this on AMD) fixes - especially if you're running XP, which seems to have an odd idea of power management control. In worst case you could try (if possible) to set in the BIOS the CPU to 1 core and turn off "speedstep" (was it PowerNow??), if this results in the CPU using the lowest possible clock. I got Inf to run this way and slowly worked my way up to get it running without problems and BIOS fucks now.

Too bad we lost the final dual-core thread :(