Strafing speed and more

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

ANUBIS199

Jun 3, 2001
Visit site
I have seen this idea floating around for quite some time though im not sure if it has ever been formally suggested (or if its in the INF teams plans). If its already out there I apologize.

Cut the currant strafing speed in two, it would eliminate lots of the annoying CQB run and gun situations we see now, and it seems very realistic to me. I cant strafe nearly as fast as I can run. And remove the ability to run or jog backwards.

I would also like to suggest the removale of the option to carry more then 1 primary weapon. For those of you who think a small SMG is not primary then perhaps we could count them as a secondary weapon. Main weapons would include All the ARs, all the sniper rifles, the P90(I could be wrong but it looks rather bulky to me, to big to be a secondary weapon), and the AK with the drum. The SMGs would include the MP5, and the AK with mag, as well as the pistols.

1. cut strafing speed in two.
2. Remove the ability to carry more then one primary weapon.

ANUBIS

FiringAimlessly

NOT going to waste another minute on CS!
Sep 18, 2001
Many, many times.

I did a diagram once showing how the gun should seem a bit misaligned while strafing due to the awkward twisting of the body so the legs could face the direction of movement (and thus not have to slow down too much (maybe 80% of the current speed at least))...

Unfortunately this has been suggested many times but never seemingly accepted :(

Yeah, cut the strafing speed in two. But I tihnk you should be able to at least jog backwards. I can do this pretty easy. Also strafing should be removed when SPRINTING around, and 1/4 of what it is while jogging.

yurch

Swinging the clue-by-four
May 21, 2001
USA, Maryland.
Visit site
Ive done a great deal of muddling with strafe in mah mutator.
I have a reduced strafe speed, reduced acceleration for strafing, and a ~22 degree strafe angle while moving forward.
The net result? You can't present a sideways moving target(or rapidly jerking back and fourth) while advancing and aiming at the target. Works wonders.

FiringAimlessly

NOT going to waste another minute on CS!
Sep 18, 2001
I lost the original...

...so I've made a new (and improved!) version.

Last edited:

Alpha_9

Infiltration lead level designer
Jun 1, 2000
Washington State
2.87 will take care of the strafe-sprinting & backward-sprinting problem. And as for loadouts, the bulk system is being further tweaked, so anyone carrying more than 1 primary weapon will feel the price in mobility. Like it would work in real life of course. :)

Keganator

White as Snow Moderator
Jun 19, 2001
PR's Barracks
www.kegnet.net
2.87 will take care of the strafe-sprinting & backward-sprinting problem. And as for loadouts, the bulk system is being further tweaked, so anyone carrying more than 1 primary weapon will feel the price in mobility. Like it would work in real life of course. :)

YAY! Our prayer's have been answered!

You know, whenever the team spills so many details within so little of a period of time... w00t!