1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

STORY TIME

Discussion in 'Other Stuff' started by GoAt, Oct 12, 2005.

1. GoAt

GoAt Never wrong

i feel like such a dork doing this, but i am bored with nothing better to do with my life...

now, before we start i must warn you that i have NO education in writing what-so-ever, and most of what i know, i have kinda figured out from reading other books.

the story is directly from the game Final Fantasy 7.
    like i said, i have nothing better to do, so i decided to take one of my favorite games and turn it into story format.
    now i know the dialouge is not top-notch, but, in an attempt to keep the orriginal story of the game as true as possible, the dialouge needs to remain.

now, so far it has been accurate, but there have been things i will need to leave out
    IE random fights, and boss fights that have no part of the story.
    materia will be used, but will not play a large part. and how it is used will also be changed.
    so, without further delay.....

The train arrived at the station as usual, right on time. The guards thought nothing of it. Same train everyday to pick up and drop off workers for the Mako reactor, but today would not consist of the same monotonous routine.
    A man was the first out. The guard closest immediately recognizes this man as a threat and charges. The intruder catches the guard and flips him over his shoulder. One guard down. The second person out of the train was a woman, the guard, finally catching on to what was going on, charged the woman. She stuck her boot out and caught him in the face. The guard lets out a painful grunt and slumps to the ground. The second guard has been taken care of. A large portly man is the third person to emerge. He takes off down the platform and makes his way up a set of stairs, no longer in view. The fourth person to exit the train was a tall and muscular black man. His military style hair cut, did not match his unshaven face. Around his neck were two dog-tags, held up by a metal chain. The brown jacket he sported had its sleeves torn off as the rest of it was no better for the wear. Three large silver bands covered his abdomen. Around his belt were numerous shell casings and rounds of ammunition. This man waved up at the top of the train as if signaling the coast was clear. As he did this, a fifth person jumped off the top of the train flipping once before he landed on the ground. This fifth person had sharp features, blond hair that was spiked in erratic directions and cold blue eyes that seemed to glow even in the low light. Not at tall and half the size of the black man who signaled for his arrival, but just as fierce. He carried on his back and enormous sword that was nearly as tall as he was. This sword had only one sharpened edge that tapered to a point near the top of the sword. Two holes, most likely used for holding something, were arranged vertically near the hilt. He wore a very dark purple sweater vest with a metal shoulder pad sporting three large metal studs on his left shoulder. All of it black. Across his waist was an enormous belt which was held up by two leather straps that ran over his shoulders. These straps formed the device holding the large sword. His dark purple trousers seemed a bit baggy for his legs but managed to remain relatively still even when he moved.
    “C’mon newcomer. Follow me.” Said the black man
    Upon that note, both ran down to the end of the train platform and up the stairs. Upon reaching the top of the stairs, both were greeted at a large iron gate by the first three people that exited the train.
    “Wow! You used to be in SOLDIER!? All right! ...Not everyday ya find one in a group like AVALANCHE.” Exclaimed the first man. He seemed very nervous yet excited as he stood watch over the female who now looked up from her gate opening task
    “SOLDIER? Aren’t they the enemy? What’s he doing with us in AVALANCHE, Biggs?”
    “Hold it, Jessie. He was in SOLDIER. He quit them and now is one of us.” Biggs looked back at the spiky haired man “Didn’t catch your name…”
    “Cloud” He responded in a bored tone.
    “Cloud eh? I’m…” but cloud stopped Biggs before he could finish.
    “I don’t care what your names are. Once this job’s over…I’m outta here.”
    The large man with the gun arm came running around corner looking rather upset. “The hell you all doin’!? I thought I told you never to move in a group! Our target’s the North Mako Reactor. We’ll meet on the bridge in front of it.” He then pointed over at the overweight man. “Wedge, make sure you get that door open before we come back up” Jessie finally got the door open. Biggs, Wedge, and she all proceeded through. The man with the gun-arm turned to cloud, “Ex-SOLDIER, huh? Don’t trust ya! Anyhow, my name’s Barret.” And with that said, he ran through the opened gate and into the doorway beyond. Cloud took one look up at the massive reactor and proceeded after him.
    After a short run, Cloud reached the bridge and walked up to the T-junction. One path led directly into the reactor while the other side extended into a doorway now being opened by Wedge. Barret yelling at Cloud from the entrance of the reactor waved Cloud over.
    When Cloud finally caught up he found Barret, Jessie, and Biggs surrounding another door.
    “Yo! This your first time in a reactor?” asked Barret
    Cloud shrugged at this. “No. After all, I did work for Shinra, y’know.”
    “The planet’s full of Mako energy. People here use it everyday.” Explained Barret, but Cloud showed no interest. Waving his arm, Barret continued “It’s the life blood of this planet. But Shinra keeps suckin’ the blood out with these weird machines.”
    Cloud now seemed annoyed. “I’m not here for a lecture. Let’s just hurry.”
    Barret, now irritated at Cloud’s lack of compassion began to shout. “That’s it! You’re comin’ with me from now on.”
    Barret motioned to Biggs who deciphered a lock code next to the door. Jessie moved to a second door and did the same. She then moved to an elevator and unlocked it. Jessie Barret and Cloud entered the elevator. All three of the now inside, Jessie walked over to a switch and pushed a red button.
    Barret still irritated that he did not get to finish his history lecture began to speak again. “Little by little the reactors’ll drain out all the life. And that’ll be that.”
    Cloud shrugged. “It’s not my problem.”
    Barret, now furious. “The planet’s dyin’ cloud!”
    Cloud just shook his head. “The only thing I care about is finishin’ this job before security and the roboguards come.”
    Barret’s face was now purple with rage, but bit his tongue and kept quiet.
    The rest of the elevator ride was quiet, though Barret kept shooting Cloud nasty looks. Cloud stood still in his corner of the elevator; the only thing on his mind was finishing this job and collecting his pay. As the elevator slowed Barret turned to the door, gun arm at the ready, Jessie moved to the back of the elevator and signaled Barret that she would remain here until they returned. Cloud exited the elevator and saw a long catwalk that extended to the core of the reactor. As Barret and Cloud advanced across the catwalk, Cloud looked over the railing. Large pipes and tubes ran into the ground, at the point where pipe and ground met, Mako could be seen venting into the air. The Mako resembled bright blue steam as if water were being boiled beneath the surface. This ‘steam’ would rise then dissipate into nothingness.
    Barret reached the core first and moved off to the side. “When we blow the place, this ain’t gonna be nothin’ more than a hunka junk,” he now turned to Cloud. “You set the bomb. I gotta watch to make sure you don’t pull nothin’.”
    Cloud shrugged and walked up to the core taking the bomb Barret gave to him. As he knelt down a loud ringing began in his head followed by a strange voice that seemed to echo all around him. “Watch out! This isn’t a normal reactor!” shaking his head, he disregarded the strange voice and set the bomb. After pressing the last set of buttons, a display lit up on the console of the bomb marking how long they have until detonation.
    “C’mon Cloud. We got ten minutes until this thing blows and I ain’t waitn’ on your slow ass.”
    Barret waited for Cloud to take the lead across the cat-walk then followed suit behind him. Jessie closed the elevator doors as Barret entered. Upon exiting the elevator Biggs stood by the large door he opened earlier, waving franticly at the trio. Biggs led the way back out. All four of them now in a dead sprint, exited the reactor and instead of going out the way they came, they turned toward Wedge, who was waiting by the now opened door. Biggs was the first to enter, followed by the large man, Barret was third. Jessie, who stumbled and fell, let out a shriek of what seemed to be a mix of pain and fear. Cloud luckily was right behind her and scooped her up just as the reactor exploded in a spectacular display of fire and sound. Cloud and Jessie just barely managed to enter the doorway before it collapsed behind them.
    “Thanks Cloud,” said a relieved Jessie.
    Cloud put her down, them immediately found a spot against the wall of rubble and twisted metal and stood cross-armed. Barret stood adjacent from Cloud also with his massive arms crossed.
    “That should keep the planet going… at least a little longer,” said Biggs who was dusting himself off.
    “Yeah…” said Wedge.
    “All right, now let’s get out of here” said Barret now making his way out of the tunnel
    The tunnel led out into a run-down neighborhood. Scraps of metal and concrete were scattered everywhere from the explosion, and small fires started to smolder. Several makeshift huts had been smashed from the fallen debris. Nobody could be seen. Apparently the explosion drove off the people that lived here, if there was anyone living here. As Wedge exited Barret began to bark out orders. “Rendezvous at Sector 8 station! Split up and get on the train!”
    Wedge, Biggs, and Jessie nodded and took ran off in their own directions. Barret started to walk away when he was stopped by Cloud. “H- Hey!”
    “If it’s about your money, save it ‘til we’re back at the hideout.” And without another word, Barret disappeared into the see of rubble.
    Cloud, now irritated at the fact that he would have to wait for his payment, proceeded into town. When he finally reached the main road, the scene was total chaos. Cars had been blown over, store windows shattered, people running and screaming. In the midst of all the mayhem, Cloud noticed a young, stunningly beautiful woman, wearing a faded pink dress that extended down to the top of her ankles and also wore a red, unbuttoned jacked that covered only the top of her torso. She also was carrying a basket of flowers. She seemed to have noticed his staring and approached him. As she got closer, cloud was better able to see her face. Her bright green eyes caught his attention followed by her soft face. A large pink bow was tied to her hair behind her head which then was braided to her lower back. The front of her hair was positioned in a way that it fell to the sides of her face.
    “Excuse me. Could you tell me what happened?” her voice was soft was kind, and even among all this mayhem, she appeared extremely calm.
    Cloud finally composed himself enough to respond. “Nothing. Hey, listen…” Cloud looked down at her flower basket. “Don’t see many flowers around here.”
    The flower girl seemed rather excited at the mention of her flowers. “Oh, these? Do you like them? They’re only a Gil…?”
    Cloud nodded and proceeded to hand her over one Gil.
    “Oh, thank you!” she reached into her basket and pulled out several very beautiful blue roses. “Here you are!” she smiled and started to walk down the street.
    Cloud watched her as she disappeared around a corner. He could not help but to feel that he would meet this woman again soon. Cloud cleared his mind and walked down the street and turned into a large alley way. Mounds of trash and debris lined the street. As Cloud made his way down the alley, a large sign caught his attention.

DON’T BE FOOLED BY SHINRA!
    MAKO ENERGY DOESN’T LAST FOREVER!
    MAKO IS THE PLANET’S LIFESOURCE! THE END IS IN SIGHT
    PROTECTORS OF THE PLANET: AVALANCHE

Cloud shook his head at the absurdity of this advertisement and proceeded down the alley. After a few minutes of walking, Cloud came to a main road that intersected with his alley. As he entered the intersection, a demanding voice shouted from behind him.
    “Hey! You there!!”
    Cloud turned around and saw two men in blue uniforms accented with white shoulders, black goggles with red lenses which they wore up on their forehead on their blue covers.
    “Shinra soldiers,” cloud said to himself. He was not in any mood for fighting and ran into the middle of the intersection. More shouting brought by more guards coming in from his right prompted Cloud to run across the bridge in the opposite direction, but that too was blocked off by even more guards. Cloud now backed up against the railing of the bridge looked down. A train whistle could be heard in the distance.
    “That’s as far as you go!”
    “I don’t have time to be messin’ with you guys,”
    “Grab him!”
    As the guards advanced upon him, Cloud leapt over the railing and landed firmly on the train just as it started to pass beneath him. Without looking back, Cloud rode the train down into a tunnel.

The train cruised down the tracks, headed toward the Sector Seven train depot. Everyone arrived at the train on time as instructed except Cloud. Jessie and Biggs stood at the far end of the track half asleep while Barret leaned up against the wall of the car.
    Wedge, who sat across from Barret in front of the massive door, finally broke the silence.
    “Cloud never came.”
    Biggs’s head jerked upwards at the name and spoke. “Cloud…… Wonder if he was killed?”
    Barret who was going to hear none of this barked back at Biggs. “No way!!”
    “Cloud……” Murmured Jessie. Suddenly a muffled noise came from the roof of the car which resembled footsteps. All four looked up as if to identify the noise but quickly disregarded the noise.
    “Say, do you think Cloud’s…… Going to fight to the end for AVALANCHE?” asked Biggs
    Barret irritated at this dumb question shot back at Biggs. “The hell would I know!? Do I look like a mind reader?” He then slammed his left fist onto the crate next to him. “If y’all weren’t such screw-ups,” he then added under his breath.
    Wedge spoke up once again. “Hey, Barret! What about our money…?” Barret slammed his fist harder into the crate this time. “Uh, nothin’ …sorry.”
    A shout was now heard from outside the box car. This was immediately followed by several loud knocks on the door. As Wedge began to get up, the door instantly opened and in came Cloud, who flung himself inside, landing in front of Barret. Barret startled at the sudden appearance nearly jumped through the roof, composed himself as fast as he could and now stared down at Cloud as if to beat him down where he stood.
    “Cloud!” Biggs Wedge and Jessie exclaimed at the same time.
    Cloud dusted himself off nonchalantly replied. “Looks like I’m a little late.”
    Barret furious at Cloud’s lack of concern, pointed his gun-arm at him and yelled. “You damn right, you’re late!! Come waltzin’ in here makin’ a big scene!”
    Cloud waved this off. “It’s no big deal. Just what I always do.”
    “Shi’t. havin’ everyone worried like that, you don’t give a damn ‘bout no one but yourself!”
    “Hmm… you were worried about me!”
    Barret, no longer knowing what to do threw his hands up. “I’m takin’ it outta your money, hot stuff!!” Barret advanced to the front of the car and stood in front of the connecting door. “Wake up! We’re movin’ out! Follow me!”
    Wedge bowed to Cloud as he followed Barret through the door. “You were great back there!”
    Biggs was next to follow but not without commenting Cloud as well. “Heh heh… Cloud! We’ll do even better next time.”
    Jessie closed the door that Cloud left open, then came face to face with him. “Oh Cloud! Your face is pitch black here.” She brought out a small red cloth from her side pocket and proceeded to clean Cloud’s face the best she could. “Say, thanks for helping me back there at the Reactor. I thought I was a goner until you helped me up.”
    Cloud said nothing as he followed her into the next passenger car.

“Last train out of Sector Eight Station. Last stop is Sector Seven, Train Graveyard. Expected time of arrival is 12:23AM Midgar Standard Time…” The intercom shut off with a loud click. Barret took a seat next to a man reading a newspaper, while Wedge and Jessie crowded around a small monitor at the front of the car.
    “You see the headlines in the Shinra Times? The terrorists that bombed the Number One Reactor are based somewhere in the slums. …Blowing up a Reactor… they sure put some thought into this one. They must have a real calculating leader. I wonder what they’ll do next?” said the man next to Barret.
    Barret ignored the man and starred out the window. The only thing on his mind now was getting home and seeing his daughter.
    Jessie was now waving Cloud over. “Hey, Cloud. You want to look at this with me?” Cloud now took Wedge’s spot and stared at the blank monitor. “It’s a map of the Midgar Rail System. Let’s look at it together.” Jessie hit a button next to the monitor and inched closer to Cloud. “Here we go, it’s starting.” The monitor turned on with a quick buzz and the blank screen was quickly illuminated by a green wire-frame model city of Midgar. The city itself resembled a giant pizza cut into eight slices. “This is a complete model of the city of Midgar. It’s about a 1/10000 scale. The top plate that covers the city is about 50 meters above ground. A main support structure holds the plate up in the center, and there are other support structures built in each section,” Jessie leaned in closer and began to whisper into Cloud’s ear. “The number one Reactor we blew up was in the northern section. Then there’s number two, number three, all the way up to the number eight Reactor. The eight Reactors provide Midgar with electricity. Each town within the city used to have a name, but no one in Midgar remembers them anymore. Instead of names, we refer to them by numbered sectors. That’s the kind of place this is.”
    The screen flickered once and now began to show a pink line that traced its way across the city. “This is the route our train is on. Each train route has a series of checkpoints,” Continued Jessie. “Each checkpoint has a series of security sensors that when activated can check the identities and background on each and every passenger on the train by linking up to the central data bank at Shinra headquarters.” She began to whisper in Cloud’s ear again. “Anyone could tell that we look suspicious, so we’re using fake ID’s.” As she finished the car darkened and a red light at the front of the car began to flash quickly followed by an alarm klaxon which beeped in sequence with the light. Jessie looked around quickly and spoke up again before Cloud had a chance to ask what happened. “That light and alarm means that we’re in the ID Security Check area.” She looked around and whispered once again to Cloud. “When the lights go off, you never know what kind of creeps will come out… Anyhow, we’re almost back now. That’s a relief.” And sure enough, a few seconds later, the lights came back on, and the alarm shut off. Cloud finished with the Jessie’s lecture, went back to find a seat. Barret, noticing Cloud approaching, motioned to Cloud. “Look, you can see the plate now. This city has no day or night. If that plate weren’t there… we could see the sky.” Cloud looked out the window and commented. “A floating city… Pretty unsettling scenery.”
    Barret surprised at what he just heard whipped his head around to look at Cloud. “Huh? Never expected somthin’ like that outta you.” Barret stood up from his seat. “You jus’ full of surprises!” Barret now began to think of what Cloud just said. Now irritated at Shinra, “It’s ‘cuz of that ****in’ ‘pizza’, that people underneath are sufferin’! And the city below is full of polluted air. On topa that, the Reactor keeps drainin’ up all the energy.”
    Cloud now interested at why people would choose to live under the city in such miserable conditions asked Barret. “Then why doesn’t everyone move onto the plate?”
    Barret pondered this for a few seconds. He had never even thought why people would choose to live in such a filthy and polluted place. “Dunno. Probably ‘cuz they ain’t got no money. Or, maybe they love their land, no matter how polluted it gets.”
    “I know… no one lives in the slums because they want to. It’s like this train. It can’t run anywhere except where its rails take it,” said Cloud.
    The train now began to slow as it approached the station. Everyone in the train remained quiet until the train stopped. As everyone exited, Barret called everyone over. “This mission was a success. But don’t get lazy now. The hard part’s still to come! Don’t y’all be scared of that explosion… cause the next one’s gonna be bigger that that! Now everyone meet back at the hideout!” At that everyone went their own ways.

As Cloud left the station, he passed a couple standing under a light pole expressing their love for each other. The Shinra guard standing at the station’s exit gave Cloud a nod as Cloud exited. The dirt road leading to the Sector Seven slums was lined with metal scraps and trash. As Cloud neared the bar designated as AVALANCHE’s hideout, he passed a large metal column with stairs winding around it all the way to the top. “Must be one of the support structures Jessie was talking about earlier.” Cloud said to himself. When Cloud entered the small village the first thing he noticed was the houses, if they could be called that. Shacks made from scrap sheet metal and crude masonry work held up the building these people called home. Nothing was paved but the children running by seemed to be content with themselves. As Cloud approached the bar designated as their hideout, yells and shouts could be heard from inside followed by several shots of gunfire. Immediately several people came running and screaming out of the bar with Barret bringing up the rear shouting obscenities and shooting his gun-arm randomly into the air. Barret shouted a few more words and turned to Cloud, now walking over to the store. “Get the hell in here Cloud!” shouted Barret as he re-entered the bar.
    The inside of the store was mostly wood. Wood floors, wooden tables and walls, and an old wooden bar along the back wall. An old pinball machine sat along the right side of the bar. Jessie, Biggs and Wedge occupied one of the 2 tables drinking and eating food that someone had put out for them. As Cloud and Barret entered the bar a small girl with brown eyes, shoulder length hair and wore a pink dress with a white undershirt; ran from behind the bar shouting “Pappa!!” but stopped dead after seeing Cloud. Upon seeing Cloud she turned back the other way and ran into a corner on the far side of the store. After the girl took refuge in the far corner, another woman came from behind the bar and walked over to the girl.
    “Marlene! Aren’t you going to say anything to Cloud?” The small girl turned back around but stayed behind the woman. “Sorry Cloud, she is just a little shy,” The woman now approached Cloud. She hadn’t changed much since he last saw her. Her dark hair still as long as ever, stopping just above the back of her knees. Bright red eyes and breasts that still appeared too large for her small frame. She still wore the same outfit, a grey shirt with a silver belt that went around her abdomen, along with a black skirt that stopped the same place her hair did. She still wore her red finger-less fighting gloves. “Welcome home, Cloud. Looks like everything went well.” She looked behind him to see Barret slam the door behind him. “Did you fight with Barret?”
    “No Tifa. Not this time,” said Cloud.
    Tifa took a step closer to Cloud. “Hmm, you’ve grown up. When you were little you used to get into fights at the drop of a hat.” She looked down to see what Cloud had in his hand. “Flowers? How nice… You almost never see them in the slums. But… flowers for me? Oh Cloud, you shouldn’t have…”
    Cloud had completely forgotten about the flowers and looked down at them. He had no idea why he even chosen to buy the flowers. “No big.” He handed over the flowers.
    Tifa’s eyes lit up in delight. “Tank you, Cloud. They smell wonderful.” She began to look around the store. “Maybe I should fill the store with flowers.”
    Barret had enough of this little reunion and walked up to Marline who threw herself at him. Barret caught her and hoisted her up onto his right shoulder.
    “You all right, Barret?” Tifa said turning to Barret.
    “Great!” Barret walked over to the pinball machine. He was happy to be back home with his daughter. “Get in here fools! We’re startin’ the meetin’!!” Barret hit the top of the machine, a small section of the floor began to move, and it started to lower itself along with Barret and Marlene, to a hidden basement. Jessie, Biggs and Wedge all jumped down after him.
    Tifa waved Cloud over to one of the bar stools, and handed him a drink as he sat down. “You know, I’m relived you made it back safely.
    Cloud didn’t know what to make of the sudden concern. Taking a drink from his glass he replied. What’s with you all of a sudden? That wasn’t even a tough job.
    Tifa looked down at the bar and began picking at a splinter. She knew it would be easy, but she still was concerned none the less. “I guess not. You were in SOLDIER after all… Make sure you get your pay from Barret.”
    Cloud finished his drink. “Don’t worry. Once I get that money, I’m outta here.”
    Hearing Cloud say that stung Tifa. She did not want to see him leave again. Trying to keep up a conversation, she looked back up at Cloud and asked, “Cloud, are you alright? You look a little tired…”
    Cloud even more confused now at her behavior, replied. “Uh, I’m fine.”
    Knowing that their time was up, Tifa motioned over to the pinball machine and told him he had better get down below.

2. Nebel

Nebel Aloof

There's no way I'm reading all that.

3. GoAt

GoAt Never wrong

then dont

4. Rukee

Rukee Coffee overclocks the overclocker!!

dark purple sweater vest?? :con:

..at the end of the first paragraph I`d call him something other then the 'the black man', then add a period.
    I found it funny they were able to get in, blow it up, and get out without running into any kind of security other then at the rail station, and those they beat too easily. There should have been a guard or two at key gates or hallways to snipe or sneak up on or something, it just seems too easy.
    Overall, a far better job of writing then I could prolly do. :tup:

5. Sarevok

Sarevok ...

goat you got a long way to go:)
    great game tho

6. GoAt

GoAt Never wrong

god, dont remind me...

rukee, if you played the game, you would understand what is going on better.
    i am NOT changing around the story just because "it was too easy"

and what else am i supposed to say..

a large man of dark skin
    a large man of the minority race
    a fuckin' nigger (no offense to our black posters)
    an african american man

large black man gets the job done.

7. Rukee

sorry, yeah I didn`t play the game.

I dunno, maybe 'dark skinned mercenary' :B

8. GoAt

GoAt Never wrong

he isnt a mercenary

9. oosyxxx

oosyxxx teh3vilspa7ula

is this ff7 or something?

10. oosyxxx

oosyxxx teh3vilspa7ula

lol why bother even mentioning his race? doesnt he have other descriptive characteristics that outweigh, in terms of importance, his skin color?

11. Rabid Wolf

Rabid Wolf Piano Man Ghost

12. GoAt

GoAt Never wrong

race is an issue since details are very important when trying to retain the whole game

13. Rukee

That thing looks like it has some writing or symbols on it. :con:

Attached Files:

14. Rabid Wolf

Rabid Wolf Piano Man Ghost

the hoaxers could have chosen something more in india flavor though...
    maybe they're old d&d players, and think a half rotten storm giant corpse makes for entertainment. :rolleyes:
    the pose with left knee bent and protruding out of the waves would be way too high an elevation for the old beach level that the tsunami supposedly did away with to reveal this, than not to have been visible before.

and sorry for hijacking your thread, goat.
    at the pace and level of detail you relate the story, though, they'll be digging out our remains ere you're done :)

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 13, 2005
  15. GMotha

GMotha The nipples from Napels

If you want to illustrate a character (wich is quite important in a story), the reader has to have a clue about the appearance. And since the skincolour is something what's as typical to a (wo)man's look as the colour of the hair, it's worth mentionning anyway.
    Would it be political incorrect to give a character blonde hair?

Different colours give variation and allow strong contrasts in look and feel of the characters.

And I don't see why we can't call black people 'black', I'm not bothered with being called 'white'. If it's ok to tell people apart by the colour of their hair, it shouldn't be a crime to make a difference between the tone of skin. It makes people recognisable and it's just a part of who they are, it would be a lack of respect to ignore skincolour, since it represents different generations who've managed to come this far.

16. GoAt

GoAt Never wrong

telling the reader he is black, also sorta explains his way of speech.

17. Rukee

He`s.. 'not pigment challenged' :p

18. GoAt

GoAt Never wrong

this is retarded.
    this debate has no point.

you are that concerened about political correctness?

19. Rukee

absolutely not, just being ridiculous. :B

20. Nebel

Nebel Aloof

I'm still not gonna read it.