1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Store user account info in game

Discussion in 'Programming' started by WalterTamboer, May 26, 2005.

1. WalterTamboer

WalterTamboer Programmer

Hey there,

first of all, i'm new to unreal script i know the basics but nothing more than that.

To increase my knowledge about unreal script, i downloaded the unreal runtime 2.

I came up with a basic challenge to learn more about unrealscript.

Info:

When starting up the engine you will enter the main menu. You have to login with an user account which is stored in a database on the internet. If logged in you can start a game. In game you can view a rankinglist of all players in the database.

I thought I could learn a lot from this because i have to make my own menu's and i have to write a relation between the database and the game.

I made it this far that i can login now (md5 won't work for some reason...). I wrote a PHP file which is handling my input data from unreal script and returns login data.

Example of the database layout.

Code:
    USER
    ------
    user_id
    username
    user_pass
    user_email
    user_points
    I want to store all this data in unreal now... when i'm playing a game and i press a button i have to get a list of all these columns...

My question now: where do i have to store the vars containing this info? In the playercontroller? or... where?

Sorry for the whole story, i thought it would make it much clear :)

Thnx Walter.