Still having 'invisible barrier' effect when firing weapons

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Growler

Jul 26, 2004
Has anyone else had this problem recently? It seems to happen more when I'm offline than online; and when it does it, it's a little hit-and-miss (pardon the pun), but it seems to be doing it about 70% of the time.

*edit* to quote JohnDoe641:
The event when as soon as you fire a weapon, it blows up. Like the shock secondary damaging you right when you fire it or the rocket launcher.

I thought they should've fixed this by now :(

Last edited:

JohnDoe641

Killer Fools Pro
Staff member
Nov 8, 2000
N.J.
www.zombo.com
I think he means the event when as soon as you fire a weapon, it blows up. Like the shock secondary damaging you right when you fire it or the rocket launcher. It has happened more after the patch, and the reason seems to be that the netcode/server replication stuff is even more buggy with misc objects like gibs or when someone feigns death/trips. They're never where the screen shows them to be.

Just last night I was on the FragBU server with someone else and when he feigned death his body was on one side of the room while on my screen he was on the opposite side. This happened constantly and even though he wasn't actually where I saw him, shooting a weapon at him made it explode in that specific spot. If I stood too close, the shock secondary would have hurt me. :/

Apr 11, 2006
Ragdoll position does seem much buggier. Since the patch I've been making an effort to try and get the achievements, specifically the 10x Headhunter one -- I have a lot more trouble even following up on hitting people who I knock off the hoverboard than I used to.

I do occasionally shoot a rocket and kill myself for no apparent reason, this seems to be the bug that is specifically being talked about here. I also have highly regular (approximately 12.5%) chance that a Shock Rifle shot (either secondary or primary) will never leave the barrel. This is most noticeable when trying to detonate combos and finding that your beam never shoots and your combo never goes off.

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
Shock not firing seems to directly correlate to ping. In the Epic CTF servers I never have that problem (around 60ms ping), on the FragBU server I get it all the time (100-120ms ping).

Plutonia_Experi

Jan 28, 2008
I'm not really sure I understand what you're talking about, but the feign death is definitely broken. Sometimes the player gets inside the wall or the floor.

It looks like there's also an exploit to reach a particular area in a custom CTF map, instead of doing a pr0 walldodge.

I have a lot more trouble even following up on hitting people who I knock off the hoverboard than I used to.
Yes, it's almost impossible to kill someone on the ground after you knocked him down. I have to wait for him to get up to finish him off.
Surely it's a bug that the sniper shot to the laid down player does not register....

$hagratH

Jan 24, 2008
what i have noticed is that my aimcross disapeares very often and the weapon is shooting by itself when that happens,,,and it wont stop til im hit and respawned
and after a while it happens again.not always,,but sometimes
any1 else having this ??

Growler

Jul 26, 2004
I think he means the event when as soon as you fire a weapon, it blows up. Like the shock secondary damaging you right when you fire it or the rocket launcher. It has happened more after the patch, and the reason seems to be that the netcode/server replication stuff is even more buggy with misc objects like gibs or when someone feigns death/trips. They're never where the screen shows them to be.

Just last night I was on the FragBU server with someone else and when he feigned death his body was on one side of the room while on my screen he was on the opposite side. This happened constantly and even though he wasn't actually where I saw him, shooting a weapon at him made it explode in that specific spot. If I stood too close, the shock secondary would have hurt me. :/

Yeah, that's what I'm talking about.

Sorry I didn't make it clearer to you guys :eek:

d3tox

Face down in a pool of his own vomit.
Apr 8, 2008
I've only seen this happen to me on Eden Inc, is this the only map people are having issues with?